PDA

View Full Version : Need Trailside info, please

wbw
October 28, 2009, 08:56 AM
I'm considering a SIG Trailside .22 and would like to hear from those who have one. I know from the forums that the Trailside has a good reputation. What is the trigger like? Is it difficult to take down and clean?
I currently have a Buckmark that I love. Would the trigger be similar to the Buckmark? I also have a MOsquito that I have not had any problems with, but I don't like the trigger.
So I'm thinking about getting rid of the Skeeter for a Trailside, but want to know that the trigger will be better than the skeeter.

Tell me anything else you think I might want to know.

Thanks for any help.

Technosavant
October 28, 2009, 09:52 AM
Have one, bought it used.

It can make ANYBODY look like they can shoot a gnat in the left eye at 25 yards, offhand. Astonishingly accurate.

The trigger is fantastic- I liken it most to a Colt Woodsman Match Target; no creep and breaks like a glass rod. I'd be surprised if it isn't better than the Buckmark.

Takedown is a piece of cake- undo a screw on the front, slide a piece off, then it just comes right apart. Couldn't be easier (yes, it requires a flat blade screwdriver, but it isn't like those are in short supply).

The only fly in the ointment is that they are no longer imported; they're still made over in Europe by Hammerli (called the Xesse), but not imported over here. Parts and service are available via Larry's Guns (http://www.larrysguns.com/) in Maine, and from what I understand they have a good rep. Spare magazines aren't cheap, but you don't need many of them; this is a target pistol, not a combat one.

They're great guns. When I shoot mine at the range I make other guys envious of my incredible pistol skills. :D It's just easy to shoot very, VERY well.

troy_mclure
October 28, 2009, 12:45 PM
you can pick them up on gunbroker.

i LOVE mine, most accurate pistol ever. had a red dot on it, and could drill nickles at 25yd (bench) and free hand quarters.
ive taken mine rat shooting a few times too, it just points so well that snap shots are instinctive.

got it in 04, have 9000+ rounds thru it, with 2 mags. still perfect. shot a whole 550 bulk box in 1 day, never missed a beat.

shoots fast and smooth, awesome trigger, mine likes wolf gold medal match, but will eat anything.

i have a counterweight up front to replace the plastic one, barely any muzzle lift now.

the bad is accessories are $$$, if you can even find any, i paid $60+ for my spare mag, and have never found a good holster.