PDA

View Full Version : Bersa Thunder Pro Ultra Compact 9mm

TimM
October 26, 2009, 06:40 PM
Does anyone have a Bersa Thunder Pro Ultra Compact 9mm? I am really considering buying one of these but would like to hear your feedback on this pistol.

Thanks in advance.

DBski
October 26, 2009, 06:52 PM
I've got the ultra compact 9mm from Bersa. Do not regret buying it. Have not had any type of failure with it. Not as refined as other high priced guns, but it does go bang every time I pull the trigger. Easy to conceal.

bdb benzino
October 26, 2009, 07:06 PM
+ 1, I have one too. It has been flawless and is nice to CC

TimM
October 26, 2009, 07:07 PM
Can it be carried cocked and locked?

JasonJ
October 26, 2009, 08:38 PM
with its DA/SA trigger, you can leave a round in the chamber, hammer down- decocker/safety down and when you pull the trigger- double action fire..

or hammer cocked back, round in the chamber- flipping the decocker/safety down lowers the hammer-- pulling you back out of SA mode and into DA.

so.. no? sorta? i dunno.

JasonJ
October 26, 2009, 08:39 PM
oh, forgot to mention, I actually own one.. love it. very accurate for its size, eats all ammo, fit is very good, finish is fine. Lifetime warranty-

any troubles, send it to Colorado Gun Works- easily contacted by phone or through www.bersatalk.com.

only downside is the extra magazines arent cheap.. not any more expensive than chip mcormick, wilson combat, etc.. $30-$45. but the newer Bersa's are being shipped with 2 mags.

Pinky Carruthers
October 26, 2009, 08:48 PM
I have two Bersa T9 UCs and a Fullsize T9. All three have been 100% reliable with over 1K through each (the Fullsize has over %k downrange is still going strong. The Bersas are a great pistol at a great price, I paid around $350 for each of mine.

Can it be carried cocked and locked?
No. The safety is also a decocker.

waltcoogan
October 26, 2009, 08:48 PM
I recently bought one to have something to carry and not break my wallet if it got stolen. Have run 400 rounds of blazer brass and WWB without one single problem. Was more accurate with it than my glock. Very solid, finish is rough but its what I expected for the money. Very satisfies with it. Just got my Crossbreed Supertuck for it today so will use that tomorrow, can't wait. Very satisfied with it, you won't regret it.

UtahHunting
October 27, 2009, 08:11 AM
I own one of these. It is my favorite semi I own. It will feed any ammo you put through it. I bought this for my conceal piece and my wife liked it so much she now carries it for her concealed weapon.

TimM
October 27, 2009, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the input guys. I appreciate it.