PDA

View Full Version : Sig P220 ST in bright stainless?

mdg137
October 14, 2009, 07:33 PM
I came across a Sig P220 ST this afternoon at my local shop, with bright/high polish flats, and matte(ish) rounds-- ie. top of slide, front of trigger guard, etc.

Controls-- mag release, take down lever, decocking lever, are all black.

I dont remember ever seeing one before-- was this ever a factory finish, or is this the result of an overly ambitious previous owner with a dremel?

sigelitest
October 15, 2009, 07:37 PM
The st stands for stainless if you check on the slide it should have a solid dowel pin. The steel slides are usually a roll pin. It sounds like a factory finish and is a good buy. I had one a long time ago and it was a great pistol.

mdg137
October 15, 2009, 09:58 PM
Actually, just got the background story on this pistol-- was a standard stainless, and the owner had it polished to bright stainless...decided to pass on it, keeping potential resale value in mind.

rsxr22
October 16, 2009, 01:29 AM
Sig's are fairly easy to get for a good price.

If you keep your hunt up, you will be able to find exactly what you want. Many people have had negative experiences with CPO Sigs, but i have 3 and they have all been great.

LanceOregon
October 16, 2009, 06:44 AM
TJ's Custom Gunworks has a SIG 220 ST gunsmithing package where they replace all of the normally blued controls with ones that are hard chrome plated.

Makes for a very pleasing combo:

http://www.tjscustomgunworks.com/Photos4/Sig220SS-2.jpg