PDA

View Full Version : Savage Mk II or Marlin 925?

LloydXmas250
October 14, 2009, 12:58 AM
I'm planning on getting one or the other. I know some of you will come in and try and steer me to a 10/22 or a CZ but I really want a bolt action and CZs are a tad more pricey. Which of these two choices do you prefer and why?

.300 Weatherby Mag
October 14, 2009, 02:03 AM
Reason 1:

Does marlin make .22 that's this sexy?? I've never seen one if they do :D
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1/Husky507/0612091537.jpg

Reason 2: It does this with cheap ammo
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1/Husky507/shootin1-16-091.jpg

Reason 3: Accutrigger

I'm not biased or nothin :rolleyes:

10/22's are gay... There like barbies and Ar's... Accessorize, Accessorize!!!!!!!!!!!! CZ's are fine rifle and I'm not going to take anything away from them... In fact I need to add one or more to my .22 stable...

TriumphGuy
October 14, 2009, 10:12 AM
You can't go wrong with either one. My dad has a Savage MKII with factory peeps that is a hoot to plink with. The accutrigger is very nice. I've got a Marlin bolt gun that shoots just as well. We go shoot every time I go home for a visit and neither of us has a hard time bouncing cans at about 125 yards. Personally, I like tube fed rimfires a little better as loading is one heck of a lot easier. Sure, you can reload faster with a mag fed rifle, but most bolt action .22's use five rounders. Shot for shot, it's faster to reload a tube.

Picher
October 14, 2009, 10:53 AM
300 Weatherby:

I never thought much about rifles being sexy, but if that thumbhole turns you on, go for it! :-)

TriumphGuy
October 14, 2009, 10:55 AM
I never thought much about rifles being sexy, but if that thumbhole turns you on, go for it! :-)

SPLINTERS!!!!!:eek:

LloydXmas250
October 14, 2009, 11:24 AM
I really like that BTVS a lot, but it's a tad more than I want to spend. The Savage Mk IIG is a bit cheaper but it doesn't seem to come with a scope mount. Does anyone know if it's grooved for a scope or will I just have to pay to have them put on later?

.300 Weatherby Mag
October 14, 2009, 11:28 AM
I really like that BTVS a lot, but it's a tad more than I want to spend. The Savage Mk IIG is a bit cheaper but it doesn't seem to come with a scope mount. Does anyone know if it's grooved for a scope or will I just have to pay to have them put on later?

How about the BV?? About a hundred less than the BTVS and it's basically the same thing but with a blued barrel and action and a conventional laminate stock...

mikejonestkd
October 14, 2009, 11:29 AM
I have a slight preference for the Marlins, but I do have the same rifle as 300weatherbymag on my wish list.

Both are great budget .22LRs and its hard to go wrong with either of them.

CraigC
October 14, 2009, 11:33 AM
They are similar in price but the Savage is available with an acceptable trigger that can be tuned down to under a pound. The Marlin will need a new one, such as Rifle Basix. Both are good guns and good values.

LloydXmas250
October 14, 2009, 12:06 PM
Yeah. I like the BV as well. What I really want is one that has iron sights and able to carry a scope. That's why I asked if the Mk IIG is scope ready or do I have to get it drilled for a scope?

Crosshair
October 15, 2009, 08:12 PM
With a non-accu trigger they are rather even. With an accu-trigger the Savage is the best choice.