PDA

View Full Version : Now I've seen it all....

essohbe
September 23, 2009, 10:28 PM
If there are any ShotgunNews readers here, I happened across an article that was showing an AR chambered in 7.62x25mm Tokarev.

Maybe it's been done before, but this is the first time I have seen it, wondered if anyone here has shot it? Also wondering, IF it becomes popular, do you think with the demand for this caliber on the rise that the price for 7.62x25 will stay where it is or go up/down?

bottom rung
September 23, 2009, 10:41 PM
Well, I suppose it could be considered as a testament to the versatility of the AR platform. If there is a big demand for this rifle, then the cost of this ammunition will certainly increase. Again, there would have to be a lot of folks lining up to purchase the rifle chambered in this caliber for it make a difference in the price of ammunition.

Scorch
September 24, 2009, 11:50 AM
It doesn't surprise me. A few years ago, JD Jones of SSK Industries (makers of hand cannons based on the Contender pistols) was working with the 7.62X25 cartridge and developed a .300 Mini Whisper to fire 190 gr Sierra Match Kings at 900 fps, and a few other little joys that would send 110 gr spitzer bullets at 1800 fps out of a 16" barrel. Pretty soon, others were bound to catch on. It's all about having fun, right?

DBAR
September 24, 2009, 01:01 PM
There are a lot of people that have been looking for a carbine that would fire the 7.62x25 other than the C&R stuff. The AR platform is one of the only platforms that wouldn't take much to change over. There are already 9mm ARs out there, so the only thing that would have to be changed would be the barrel, and I think that's about it. Changing the recoil spring would be a good idea, since the 7.62 is a little hotter than the 9, but I think that would be it. You wouldn't have to order a bunch of barrels, just the minimum by someone like Wilson. If they sold like hot cakes then increase the order. Everything else would be of the shelf stuff.

Not a bad idea. I wish I would of thought of it first, and had the money to try out the market.

DBAR

EDIT: Oh yeah, another thing. Think about the guys with registered NFA lowers. Cheap ammo, and Lots, and Lots of fun.

Damn, I wish I would of thought of it. :mad: I could of gotten someone to of backed me on that one. Don't even need an FFL to manufacture the uppers, and there already a market for them. List the uppers with the guys selling the ammo.

joyrock
September 24, 2009, 01:18 PM
That would be cool! My dads got cases of that ammo.

Red Tornado
September 28, 2009, 10:54 PM
Was there a price or contact information listed? That's the one thing that could get me in the black rifle market.
RT

Longdayjake
September 29, 2009, 12:49 AM
http://www.cncgunsparts.com/

here ya go.