PDA

View Full Version : Fast shipping from Cabelas

chaz12
September 22, 2009, 09:40 PM
I got a new Savage 10FP precicion carbine recently, which has a 1-9 barrel twist rate. The only .223 ammo I had on hand was 50 gr Vmax which I shoot in my Remington VLS. The Savage seemed to shoot the 50 grain just as well as the Remington, but I thought I would try some heavier bullets.

I ordered some 68 gr Ultramax from Cabelas on Saturday, and the website noted that delivery was estimated for the 29th. I got home tonight and found a package on the porch, and there it was. That's pretty good service I thought.

I hope to try out this new ammunition next week. I was getting about 1 inch groups with the 50 gr Vmax, with a few flyers slightly further out, maybe 1-1/4". I don't know if the heavier bullets could shoot much better, but its worth a try.

Chaz

McClintock
September 23, 2009, 11:40 AM
I've got nothing but good things to say about dealing with Cabela's. Their shipping has been prompt (ordered their tumbler kit and a Savage 22-250, and both arrived within 4 working days). Their customer service has been great to deal with, as I returned the 22-250 (hadn't even got a chance to fire it) after younger brother won a Savage .223 in a contest 2 days after the 22-250 arrived, and they were great; polite, did what they said they were going to do. They even followed up with a letter saying they were sorry I had to return the rifle, and they hoped I would keep them in mind for future firearm purchases.

I will definitely order stuff from them again.

Cheers!
McClintock