PDA

View Full Version : PRVI Partisan ammo in an AR

jjyergler
September 9, 2009, 10:01 PM
Is it clean shooting, or dirty like some other "cheap" ammo brands? I want a good shooting ammo that won't clog the gas tube.

September 10, 2009, 08:25 AM
I've fired several grades of Prvi in my ARs - including their 75gr Match stuff. It's good ammo for the price and doesn't seem to be any dirtier than other brass-cased ammo.

Technosavant
September 10, 2009, 09:20 AM
I've used Prvi, I am just fine with it.

It isn't easy to clog the gas tube- you have heat and pressure going for you on this one. About the one way to do it is for something other than regular carbon fouling (like lacquer) to get in there. Regular carbon fouling is going to be blown back into the action- that's why things get so dirty in the BCG.

treefarmernc
September 10, 2009, 09:42 AM
Good stuff!

CortJestir
September 10, 2009, 10:21 AM
Prvi's great stuff and don't worry about the gas tube, as others have mentioned.

If you have a line on Prvi, I'd get as much as you can for now. They had a tragic accident at their factory which may affect production in the short term.

azredhawk44
September 10, 2009, 10:32 AM
PRVI's 62gr ammo shoots like a dream in my Del-Ton 1:9 twist AR. BCG stays reasonably clean, too.

EAJ702
September 10, 2009, 11:44 AM
I've used it in my AR15 too. Good stuff. A little off topic, but there was an explosion (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090903/wl_nm/us_serbia_blast_1)in their factory a few days ago.

GONIF
September 10, 2009, 11:46 AM
feeds and shoots great in all my AR's ,55 grain and 75 grain:D

GLK
September 10, 2009, 12:17 PM
If the price is right I will buy all I can. Never had the first issue with PRVI ammo in 5.56.

Locoweed
September 10, 2009, 01:12 PM
Privi is good ammo but will likely be in short supply following their plant blowing up earlier this month. You might also go to AR15.Com>AR-15>ammo. Plenty of info and reviews there.

GhostDog_usa
September 10, 2009, 02:32 PM
I've used a ton of the PRVI 5.56 Nato rounds, and they work great for plinking loads. Obviously they are not as accurate as hand loads, but for 100 yard shooting they're generally within 1 1/2 MOA. They do leave some red dust in the trigger mechanism area, caused by the sealing compound around the primer, but it blows right out. Interestingly, the PRVI match rounds that I've seen do not appear to have the red sealing compound on them at all.

I have had some problems in reloading the PRVI cases....The primer pocket staking is the most intense I've EVER seen. I had to break down and get a pocket resizer for my Case Master, where none of my Lake City brass ever required anything like that. More disturbing is the 'tweaked' extractor ring. It seems that perhaps the head hardness is not up to spec, causing the extractor ring to be slightly bent when it gets ejected from the rifle. This makes it very difficult (sometimes impossible) to fit into the shell holder for reloading processing. But if you don't reload your cases, none of that matters.

All that being said, I'll buy more PRVI NATO rounds when their factory gets back online :)

Silvanus
September 10, 2009, 03:19 PM
I've shot about 300 rounds of Prvi .223 ammo in my AR. It works just fine, no issues at all.

jjyergler
September 10, 2009, 08:49 PM
I'll be buying some tomorrow.