PDA

View Full Version : Which stripped lower to buy: with safe/semi or safe/semi/auto bullet markings?

Kurbsky
August 22, 2009, 08:00 PM
Which stripped AR-15 lower to buy: with safe/semi or safe/semi/auto bullet markings? Both are priced the same. Thanks...

TheManHimself
August 22, 2009, 08:03 PM
The selector markings are cosmetic... it's a personal preference thing. You might as well ask us what color car to buy.

Kurbsky
August 22, 2009, 08:13 PM
Yes but what if later there is a law that will allow us to have full auto AR-15s?
With safe/semi/auto I will not have to replace the stripped lower, right?

TheManHimself
August 22, 2009, 08:15 PM
The selector markings mean nothing as far as functionality. Even if 922(o) were repealed, you'd have to either machine the third FCG pin holes into the receiver for the auto sear and related parts, or purchase a new selective fire lower.

I wouldn't be making a purchase decision of that line of thinking, through. There's only one line of future events that would have the Constitution restored, and in that situation if you wanted a selective fire weapon you could just take one off a dead traitor.

Kurbsky
August 22, 2009, 08:30 PM
If 922(o) were repealed I would rather buy a military machine gun for target practise. As to traitors, I think it would be better to send them to build highways in Alaska. They still can be useful to society.
Thanks for advice - I will choose the less confusing and more honest option: safe/semi.