PDA

View Full Version : FNP9

sigman1965
August 13, 2009, 11:34 PM
new guy here. i just bought a fnp9 haven't fired it yet BECAUSE I CANT GET ANY BULLETS FOR IT. anyhow woundering what you guy think ok fn wepons noticed there alot of glock s&w and sig lovers on this site. if you ask me i bought this gun because i was told it was a good gun and it was a sig for less so to speck. by the way i own a few sigs and feel there one of the best gun mfg. in the business. its a sa/da trigger

kmrcstintn
August 14, 2009, 12:06 AM
had one of the earlier ones @ 2 years ago (DA/SA decocker model); impressed the stuffing out of me; sold it or traded it like a dum-dum; a year or so goes by and seller's remorse kicks into high gear (and so did the price of them) and my budget wouldn't allow another go around; I believe I had between 850 to 1000 rounds thru mine at the time; mix of fmj and hollowpoints (different brands and different weights...some +p's to boot) and the gun fed everything without a quam...got so predictably reliable that shooting it became boring...just kidding

lately I've seen more gun rag reviews and ads in gun rags about the FNP's...I think they are finally making a dent in the US; if I didn't currently have too many revolvers and the Smith & Wesson SW99 I picked up a short while back I would grab one of them without hesitation

sigman1965
August 14, 2009, 12:13 AM
thanks for the info. sucks that i haven't shot it yet. got it at bass pro shops for a good price and it came with two back straps and three 16 round clips also free eyes and ears. mine is the da/sa decocker also.

Starcheck55
August 14, 2009, 01:26 AM
"Sig for less" I think I heard nutnfancy say something to that effect a few months back

:cool:

sigman1965
August 14, 2009, 05:55 AM
you are correct

JWT
August 14, 2009, 06:47 AM
Have owned an FNP9 for a couple years. Never had any problems with it and find it to be a nice shooter with a very soft recoil. Very easy to strip for cleaning. Can't understand why they're not more popular than they seem to be.

If you need ammo Natchez has several different brands of 9mm listed as being in stock. They're a very good on line source for ammo.

sigman1965
August 14, 2009, 08:46 AM
thanks for the tip on ammo. i got lucky this morning and picked up federal 50 count box at walmart for $9 a box. is this ammo any good? never shot federal before.

N.H. Yankee
August 14, 2009, 09:03 AM
I have the FNP 40cal and am extremely impressed by it. Very accurate, 100% reliable and has natural pointing ergonomics. These guns are well made and I hold them in high regard. The first 5 shots out of my 40cal were all touching at 25 yards from a solid rest.

EAJ702
August 14, 2009, 10:27 AM
Enjoy your new psitol. WM Fed Champion is fine for plinking. In many WM's it has replaced Blazer Brass. Both are similiar with respect to accuracy and cleanliness. :)

sigman1965
August 14, 2009, 04:17 PM
shot 250 rounds through the gun today. very accuate weapon. recoil is light trigger broke like glass very reliable loading. what can i say smooth as silk. great gun. i think i'am in love.

EAJ702
August 15, 2009, 11:29 AM
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your first range session. The trigger will continue to improve as you put more rounds through it. :)

FNH designed this version of the FNP-9 for Browning and called it the PRO-9.

http://www.fishkind.com/collection/images/brownpro9_01.jpg

TurkeyHunter4ever
August 15, 2009, 01:21 PM
COOL! Good to see another FNP owner on board. I have the FNP40 - LOVE IT! Can't say anything bad about it.

You can find more comments about the FNP on a thread I posted earlier - "Is there something wrong with the FNP40?"

I wonder if we're not hearing more about the FNP because it is basically a military/police weapon. H-m-m-m-m-m....just a thought.

sigman1965
August 15, 2009, 01:58 PM
just got back from the ft.lauderdale gun show fnp was alive and strong there as well as sig and glock and s&w. evey guy that was selling and shopping fnp said there great wepons.

dinsmore83
August 24, 2009, 02:25 PM
was looking at a used fnp9, from what has been said here, looks like I might just have to buy it now

N.H. Yankee
August 24, 2009, 03:44 PM
I own an FNP40 and absolutely LOVE it! The FNP has been referred to as the poor mans Sig, well owning a few Sigs I have to agree, and this is by now means degrading Sig in any way. Sigs are excellent firearms, but so are FNP's at much less cost. I was hesitant to buy the FNP as the gunshop salesmen knew little about them. I decided to cruise a few forums including the FN forum. The positive posts helped me make the right decision and I got more gun than I expected.

The FNP I own has been 100% reliable with every hollowpoint I have put through the gun. Accuracy, well I hate to say it but none of the Sigs I have ever owned would outshoot the FNP 40cal I have. I will also say most of the Sigs I have owned ( about 10 ) have been accurate with the exception of a P225 I owned years ago. I am considering buying a FNP45 now, I am torn between an XD45 or a FNP45. I only own 1 FNP and own a couple XD's. Maybe I need to even the playing field and go for the FNP.

rsxr22
August 24, 2009, 04:00 PM
FN makes a quality weapon and im sure you will be happy with it whenever you find some ammo to run through it.

I have heard the "poor man's sig" comparisons as well. IMO the FN is a much superior weapon to Sig's polymer adventures. And they are also a very good option to their alloy models for less money

dinsmore83
August 24, 2009, 05:12 PM
people have mentioned having no problems with ammo, however, for the fnp9, what would you suggest?

sigman1965
August 24, 2009, 06:04 PM
she'll eat any type you can get. i promise that. i have 750 rounds through mine already umc and federal.

Tom Servo
August 24, 2009, 06:27 PM
It's a lightweight Browning BDA. What's not to like?

I shot one a few years back, when they were $450. In retrospect, I should have grabbed it. It does shoot on par with weapons that cost far more.

I've seen FN run ads for it in the gun magazines, but for the life of me, I can't figure out why it hasn't caught on. Same thing with CZ.

p99guy
August 24, 2009, 09:13 PM
We have a FNP9 and FNP45 USG at the house,(and two other FNP9's owned by family members)....like them both, and would recommend either to anyone :)

ReNtaPiG
August 24, 2009, 09:16 PM
FN makes mighty fine pistols...even bought one myself. NOT my primary choice to shoot but I bought my FN because I really wanted a DA/SA pistol and the FN felt the best in my hand and fired smoothly!! not to mention $500 less then the comparable SIG

ReNtaPiG
August 24, 2009, 09:25 PM
I am considering buying a FNP45 now, I am torn between an XD45 or a FNP45. - N.H. Yankee

Dude...I thought the same thing until I held the FNP45...whole different ball game!!! I'm NOT a fan of the 45 at all...totally different...I didn't like the slide release design or decock lever on the 45 and those were the things I loved about the 9...plus the 45 has a manual safety which I'm not a fan of

I would absolutely get the XD45...nothing bad to say about the XD at all except maybe it should be made in the new XDm model

dinsmore83
August 24, 2009, 11:21 PM
going to try out that used fnp-9 again next week, if all goes well, a week from now, it might just become my first handgun

sigman1965
August 25, 2009, 02:19 AM
fnp has a huge contract with the US armed forces in iraq. these are the weapons that are boys are fighting the war with.

Skan21
August 25, 2009, 02:44 AM
fnp has a huge contract with the US armed forces in iraq. these are the weapons that are boys are fighting the war with.

Since when?

sigman1965
August 25, 2009, 09:14 AM
go to fnp's web site and download the video and it will tell you. did some research and the gun that fnp has a contract with the usmc is the scar machine gun i think its a .50cal.

litework
August 25, 2009, 08:56 PM
I believe FNH is making the M249 light machine gun used by our military.

ReNtaPiG
August 25, 2009, 09:55 PM
fnp has a contract with the usmc is the scar machine gun i think its a .50cal.

Ok well atleast the first part of that is true...but the SCAR is certainly not a .50 cal...it is however available in 5.56 and 7.62

MisterWhite
August 25, 2009, 09:57 PM
Another FNP-9 shooter here! As mentioned earlier, she'll eat anything you load her with. Nearly 1,000 rounds through her, not one FTF or FTE malfunction.

I trust my life with it, its my daily carry weapon.

-Chris

sigman1965
August 25, 2009, 09:59 PM
youre right the scar in not a .50 did some more research. atleast i got half right. lol...

ReNtaPiG
August 25, 2009, 10:13 PM
youre right the scar in not a .50 did some more research. atleast i got half right. lol...

I would call that wishful thinking :cool:

sigman1965
August 25, 2009, 10:19 PM
yea i spoke a little to soon on that info. but bottom line fnp's are in iraq with our boys. and i think fnp weapons are one of the most underated guns in the market place. and are priced great for what you get inho.

Stephen A. Camp
August 25, 2009, 10:30 PM
Hello.

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/taking_a_look_at_the_fnp9_pistol.htm

Best.

JerseyDrez
August 27, 2009, 12:09 AM
http://www.best9mm.com/
Second on the list, right under the infamous 75B.

Im looking at both right now for my first 9mm. I wish one fit better in my hand than the other, its way too difficult deciding between both when each feels perfect in your hand.

Skan21
August 27, 2009, 10:11 PM
Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see the Hi-Power on that list. How can the Hi-Power not make it on a list of top 20 9mm? And for the record, FNP-9's aren't the issued pistol in Iraq, as far as I know. It's still the M-9. FN does make the M-249 SAW light machine gun, M-240B medium machine gun, and M2 .50 cal heavy machine gun. They even make M-4's in limited quantity. But no FNP-9's.

klcmschlesinger
August 28, 2009, 10:27 AM
I just watched my DVR'ed American Rifleman from a few days ago and they visited the FN plant (somewhere in the US, can't remember) and they were showing that they made the M16 A2, A3 and A4 for our armed forces. ( be polite, i'm sure i messed up the letters or numbers for these guns somehow)
They made it seem like they made almost everything we use in our military as far as these weapons go.
Anybody else like that show?

rsxr22
August 28, 2009, 10:31 AM
very true, FN does make the m16 for the US military

sigman1965
August 28, 2009, 07:00 PM
nobody ever said they make the fnp-9 for the US armed forces.

xdtactical
August 28, 2009, 08:04 PM
I know FN made the S.A.W. for years for the military because I carried one in the early to mid-90s . It was my favorite weapon to shoot just a pain to keep clean:D

p99guy
August 28, 2009, 10:46 PM
FN makes 70% of the small arms used by U.S Armed Forces today. I really havent heard of any contract for the FNP 9 for the Iraqi government as of yet, Though they have purchased Glock 17/19, and SIG P250's and SiGPRO's
through U.S. aid packages. Hundreds of which have ahhhh come up missing and cannot be accounted for (So I wonder what the Taliban think of them?)

Skan21
August 28, 2009, 11:44 PM
nobody ever said they make the fnp-9 for the US armed forces.

Actually, you did.

but bottom line fnp's are in iraq with our boys.

Unless you were talking about FNH in general, there weren't any FNP's in Iraq.

sigman1965
August 30, 2009, 10:11 PM
yes i meant fnh in general but i still never said fnp9. so quit putting words in my mouth/thread.