PDA

View Full Version : trick shots....suggestions please

Lavid2002
August 7, 2009, 11:37 PM
Im getting real into trick shooting with my shotgun. Heres a list of what I can hit.
Clays from a thrower
singles
doubles
triples
*after 3 the spring wont launch the clays more than 10 feet or so*

Clays thrown by hand
Singles
Doubles
*then I cant geat a bead fast enough*

Clays thrown from someone elses hand
Singles
doubles
triples
quadruples

Other random things I can hit
Shotgun shell hulls thrown from my hand or someone elses hand
Siingles and doubles
Golf balls
Pretty much any rifle casing except for .17hmr or .22 (I cant see them)

I am using a harrington and richardson pardner pump action...and I think for a pump action its pretty nifty to be able to hit 4 clays. I havn't seen anyone else who is able to do a quad, or even a triple at my range with a pump.

Anyways....give me some fun trick shots to try and I will video tape myself doing it/attempting to do it.

Heres a list of my *to do* shots before I leave for military school in 8 days

*Hit a spent shotshell hull from my pump gun right after ejecting it like tom knapp (knap?) does
*Throw up a double, hit one, hit a baloon on the ground, then hit the second clay

Thanks fellas

-Dave

zippy13
August 8, 2009, 12:43 AM
Have you tried any shots with the gun off of your shoulder?
Low gun, with the butt at your elbow
Behind your back
Above your head at arms length
The last two are easier with an autoloader.

greyson97
August 8, 2009, 01:02 AM
how about 2 clays launched/thrown from opposite sides whose flight paths intersect, and you use 1 shell to destroy both?

Lavid2002
August 8, 2009, 01:21 PM
how about 2 clays launched/thrown from opposite sides whose flight paths intersect, and you use 1 shell to destroy both?
This seems like it would be more of a trick shot for someone throwing the clays than the shooter : P

Ill try the behind the head shots. I think im going to grab my shotgun and head out to the range right now. Talk to you guys soon. Ill record it : )

the rifleer
August 8, 2009, 02:32 PM
I enjoy trick shooting. In fact I've never been skeet shooting, but i shoot a lot of clays.

Probably 95% of the targets i shoot I throw myself. I throw them like a frisbee to get a good throw. I watch tom knapp and try to do what he does on youtube.

I can shoot 3 hand thrown clays, I'm working on 4, and hopefully eventually 5. I just cant throw them as high as I'd like to. I can get a bead really fast, almost instantly, but i just can't pump the gun fast enough. Its a mossberg 500 and If i pump it before i fire it, the locking mechanism slows me down. If i throw them like tom knapp, they all go up and fall very fast. If I throw them like a frisbee, they fly better and longer, but not as high.

I like to shoot the empty shell as it comes out when you pump it. It looks hard, but its actually very easy. you kinda have the throw the gun up as you pump it, then quickly shoulder and fire.

put a clay on the stock, then throw the stock up and shoot it.

This one is harder- I put a shell in my mouth, throw a clay, load the gun, then shoot the clay.

One that i haven't tried yet, but would like to is lay the gun on my foot, unloaded, put a shell in my mouth, throw a clay, kick the gun up with my foot, load it, then shoot it.

Throw a clay, shoot a stationary target, then shoot the clay before it hits the ground.

One thing that sounds very odd, but i think is true is I can pump the gun faster and it is smoother when its dirty. after about 100 rounds, it seems to loosen up and be much smoother. I think its ironic, but its true.

Ruger4570
August 8, 2009, 04:13 PM
A great trick for me would be to hit 100 straight at skeet consistantly. :D

rugerdude
August 8, 2009, 10:02 PM
I always liked to go on station 7 and shoot a double. hit the first normally, then take the gun out of my shoulder and one-hand rack it then shoulder and hit the second bird.

Lavid2002
August 11, 2009, 01:01 PM
sweet! im sick right now : /.....but you guys gav me some BANGIN ideas. Especially the dude with the mossberg. Ill attempt all of em next time I go to the range :P

LanceOregon
August 11, 2009, 04:35 PM
If you have not already seen this video, it shows off a number of cool shotgun trick shots:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHgtouYmzs8

-

Plowboy84
August 12, 2009, 08:00 PM
Go to you tube and serch Tom Knapp

BlackFeather
August 13, 2009, 11:46 PM
Hey Rifleer,
Maybe its the springs, and slide heating up and thus being easier to warp... like a diesel truck... sorry random just thought about it and that idea came up...

Lavid2002
August 14, 2009, 02:22 AM
Hey Rifleer,
Maybe its the springs, and slide heating up and thus being easier to warp... like a diesel truck... sorry random just thought about it and that idea came up...
I dont think the springs and slide would heat up that much.....My guess would be the carbon would coat some moving parts and reduce friction between the slide and action...do you use oil or grease...Im tellin u bro....I used oil forever...then I used remington gun grease....a little better....then I switched over to this oil I use on outboard motors....OMG bangin! I only need a tiny tiny bit....and its makes the gun so super easy to rack. I love it. Ill make a video about it on youtube later :P

zippy13
August 15, 2009, 03:09 AM
A great trick for me would be to hit 100 straight at skeet consistently. :D
Amen, Brother!

BlackFeather
August 16, 2009, 12:33 AM
I use a gun oil, dont remember what it is and dont have it handy... but its always nice and wet, not dripping but its always worked better for me that way...

Lavid2002
August 23, 2009, 01:51 PM
Me : )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrHVF4QorcM

Raccie
August 23, 2009, 04:02 PM
Get the Benelli USA video catalog for a sporting store and see what they do.
You might just get an idea or two