PDA

View Full Version : glock magazines

z400rider151
August 7, 2009, 10:17 PM
Hello,
I just got my concealed carry permit. I purchased a Glock 27 as my main carry gun. I love this gun! I know that it can take any glock magazine in the same caliber. So I want to start looking for high capacity magazines from the other two .40's (22 and 23). My only problem is that I live in the great state of New York, where we cannot have new magazines over ten rounds. Does anyone know where I can find pre ban glock magazines in .40 s&w?

thank you

Greg with a Glock®
August 7, 2009, 11:45 PM
In my understanding of:

It is a class D felony to manufacture, transport, dispose of, or possess a large capacity ammunition feeding device, which N.Y. Penal Law § 265.00(23) defines as "a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device"
manufactured after September 13, 1994, "that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition." Section 265.02.

You cannot possess any standard high capacity mags after 1994.

Chesster
August 8, 2009, 04:17 AM
I had a G23 bought after 1994. I had a hard time finding pre ban hicaps for it. G19 mags were much more plentiful. I guess it was due to the model introduction dates and proximity to 1994.

ScaryWoody
August 8, 2009, 08:11 AM
Legally, NY law limits you to ten. Pre or post ban doesn't apply to the situation. Remember that when you vote.

MisterPX
August 8, 2009, 09:01 AM
Pre or post ban does indeed apply to NY. You;ll need to find some G22 preban mags, meaning the mags were made before Sep 94. I'd first try Glocktalk's classifieds.

Alleykat
August 8, 2009, 09:32 AM
Greg with a Glock: In my understanding of:

Quote:
It is a class D felony to manufacture, transport, dispose of, or possess a large capacity ammunition feeding device, which N.Y. Penal Law § 265.00(23) defines as "a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device"
manufactured after September 13, 1994, "that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition." Section 265.02.
You cannot possess any standard high capacity mags after 1994.
Greg with a Glock® is offline Report Post

Your understanding is lacking. :)

Dabull
August 8, 2009, 09:40 AM
Doesn't the "transport" part refer to transporting a post ban mag across state lines and into the state? In other words, he can possess a pre ban mag so long as he acquired it within the state.

z400rider151
August 8, 2009, 09:46 AM
As far as I know any high capacity magazine made prior to the 1994 ban is fine. At least that is how it worked with my romanian AK. Thank you MisterPX for the recomendation I'll look into that.

45_Shooter
August 8, 2009, 01:05 PM
Can you find an older pre-ban hi-cap from another state? Older Glock hi-caps are available and quite cheap compared to new in 'free' states like MI.

In fact, I recently sold an old G22 with two old non-drop free mags, almost positively manufactured before '94, for $325. Could have easily sold the mags to someone like you (if legal) and bought brand new high caps here, it would have even benefited me because the older mags are less desirable in 'free' states!

I'd suggest putting up an ad here in the classified forums and offering to buy the old mags for the price of what new ones cost (approx $27 here), you'll prolly find someone to bite (again, if it's legal).