PDA

View Full Version : remington 887?

porrpk
July 24, 2009, 04:42 AM
Anyone seen one of these yet?

Any feedback on it?

I've read a couple articles on it, but have yet to run across someone who has handled, let alone shot one...

--porrpk

kozak6
July 24, 2009, 05:16 AM
I don't think anyone has posted a review of it on the forum.

Most prior discussion was aimed at its aesthetic difficulties.

I am tremendously curiously about it, though.

dalecooper51
July 24, 2009, 07:32 AM
Check out the Remington section on shotgunworld.

IIRC, There's a couple of user reviews.

MTgunguy308
August 7, 2009, 10:29 PM
own one of these bad boys and they are awesome. Swings as good/better than any pump ive ever shot. Recoil is nothing even with 3 1/2's.

Lavid2002
August 7, 2009, 11:20 PM
do you duck hunt with it? how does it do with salt water? I had to paint my gun to prevent rusting.

bhannah
August 8, 2009, 01:03 AM
I didn't like were they put the slide release if you don't watch it you will catch a finger. I have not yet but the guy at cabelas said he had some customers do it, I could see it happen...

ThankGodIt'sFreitag
August 30, 2009, 06:50 PM
I bought my 887 black nitro from Basspro in Destin, FL, a few weeks ago for about $340. I had to drive two hours away as all of our local gun shops were not sure when they would get their first. I've taken it out skeet shooting a couple of times and love it! The balance is really comfortable and the recoil is surprisingly light for a 12 ga pump. I've shot doubles with more recoil. It has high-visibility sights (red near, green at the end) which is beneficial as the ribbing could be a little distracting if it weren't for the sights. It doesn't feel like a cheap gun as you might assume. The gun feels sturdy and well made and doesn't rattle. The pump is a little oversized, but if you have a short wingspan as I do, it feels comfortable. The pump release is in front of the trigger guard. The first time I picked it up, I almost caught my finger(like someone earlier stated). After using it for a while, the placement seemed natural, and getting your finger out of the way didn't require any thought. The entire point of this location was to make it easier to reach while wearing gloves (makes good sense?). The more I shoot it, the more natural it feels. I'm an amateur at skeet (regular at dove hunting), but I allowed several of the gun pros at the local club to take it for a dance at the range, and they seemed equally impressed. Most were curious where I bought mine and were even more delighted when they found out how much I paid for it. I have no gripes about my purchase and am looking forward to dove season this year.

rantingredneck
August 30, 2009, 06:55 PM
I handled one in the local shop last Thursday. Meh.......

It didn't turn me off, but it didn't necessarily turn me on either. It felt very light and (sorry to say) cheap. Just my impression mind you, don't anyone get their drawers in a wad or anything.

I walked out that day with a used 870 Wingmaster Magnum for less money and do not regret the decision.