PDA

View Full Version : Marlin vs Savage 22 mag

SPUSCG
July 13, 2009, 08:17 PM
In a couple months i plan on getting a 22 mag and mounting a scope. Lets sa im a hge savage fan, love my mark 2 and think accutriggers great. But, i saw a marlin with a tube mag (big fan of tube mags) in the flyers. It looked awesome. How does the marlin rimfire trigger compare to acctrigger and hows the accuracy/smoothness of action/drability?

Txhillbilly
July 13, 2009, 09:12 PM
I have a Savage 93 22wmr and it's a great/accurate gun. The Marlin is also a good/accurate gun. Just get which ever one you like the most.I just wish Marlin made them available in left hand and I would have one of them also.

.351winchester
July 13, 2009, 09:25 PM
Marlins are good, trigger nothing like an Accutrigger though. I'd rather have the Magnum Research 10/22 in .22 WMR. I love that cartridge, F .17s. Surprising power for a rimfire, especially out a rifle barrel.

SPUSCG
July 14, 2009, 11:35 AM
So marlin doesnt really got the trigger pull? Is theres still nice though? Or is it ruger-like and heavy?

lewwetzel
July 14, 2009, 11:33 PM
I'm still kicking myself for letting a good-shooting 925M go. I plan on getting another Marlin with a heavy barrel and adding a Rifle Basix trigger; the stock "new improved" still doesn't compare with the Accutrigger.