PDA

View Full Version : Good video of a nice buck kill. Ran right to the hunter!

banditt007
July 12, 2009, 05:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kgdxvyoufg&feature=related

Has anyone ever had something like this happen, where you shot a game animal especially large game and it ran and died right in front of you!?

hogdogs
July 12, 2009, 06:04 PM
That is pretty cool! And no I never had anything like that happen. Sever DRT's but never one to run towards me. Next thing will be deer loading them self in the truck!:D
Brent

hoytinak
July 12, 2009, 06:05 PM
Wow, no need track....if only it would have gutted itself too. :cool:

VaFisher
July 12, 2009, 07:12 PM
I have had that happen and figured the noise from my rifle must have confused it in mixed woods and field area, must have sounded like the shot came from somewhere else.

MEDDAC19
July 12, 2009, 08:11 PM
Took a deer that was above me, on a pretty steep grade, during archery season and it ended up 5 steps away. Difference being my deer was very close when I took the shot (25 yds). That video was quite the sight to see.

rantingredneck
July 12, 2009, 08:18 PM
I've shot a couple while man driving at close range with buckshot and they've rolled dead right at my feet.

One of the biggest I killed did that in fact.

Never shot one at a distance with a rifle and had it do that though.

sc928porsche
July 13, 2009, 08:56 AM
Have you ever noticed that when deer are hit they usually head downhill? Just an observation throughout the years.

banditt007
July 13, 2009, 08:21 PM
I've shot a couple squirrels where i had to step to the side as not to be plunked on the head by their falling body....thats about it. Big game never..

cornbush
July 13, 2009, 08:36 PM
sc928porche--- yes, Ive noticed the same thing, and if there is water around I have noticed they will almost always go to water unless it is a steep uphill.

Have never had any big game come towards me like that after a shot, wish they would though.

July 13, 2009, 09:04 PM
Didn't have it on camera (which is way impressive for those guys) and the deer wasn't close to being in the league with that one but, I had one run at me like that. It was my third year deer hunting and I was still just a greenhorn. I was sitting at the base of a huge oak tree. I shot my first 8 point and it ran by me, right next to the tree. I literally could have reached out and touched it as it went by. I was freak'in!

Jeff

FrontSight
July 14, 2009, 12:51 PM
My biggest deer ever: I missed it, and it ran towards me, at a nice 90 degree angle. Gave me a great (much, much closer) broadside shot, hit it in the neck when it was in the air, running full speed, with a 12ga remington slugger, spun it 180 degrees. That was quite a sight...

Brian Pfleuger
July 14, 2009, 01:05 PM
I shot one once that was running right at me. It as not more than 6 or 8 feet from me when I shot, DRT. It gets the blood pumping, I'll tell you that.:D Never had one run at me AFTER the shot though.

quick
July 22, 2009, 06:27 PM
lol..I'm the guy that has to track it for a half of mile through the thick brush..

WAPITI_ASSASSIN
July 22, 2009, 10:07 PM
Oh lord just once :eek: just once that is all i would ask for...
awesome vid thanks for posting.

Cope's Dist
July 24, 2009, 09:59 AM
That was a really nice buck. Congrats. Excellent video also. Makes me wish season was in!

UniversalFrost
July 24, 2009, 10:37 AM
shot my coues buck last year at less than 20 feet he fell dead in his tracks.

see the after video

http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq207/josephroby/th_118.jpg (http://s448.photobucket.com/albums/qq207/josephroby/?action=view&current=118.flv)