PDA

View Full Version : NEF Barrels?

saudst
July 4, 2009, 11:35 AM
I have had a Handi rifle for a long time now. I have sent it in to NEF to get the receiver fitted for other barrels in other chamberings as well. My question is, I have seen on a forum in the classified adds, NEF barrels for sale. Don't you have to have them fitted to your receiver? if so, how can you buy another persons barrel and expect it to fit your receiver?

Rebailey
July 4, 2009, 12:09 PM
It is a hit or miss proposition. Some will fit perfectly while others will not. Having said that, if you are knowledgeable you can fit the barrel to your action. If it is loose you can add shims, if it is tight you can do the opposite. Personally, I'd rather send it to the factory and let them fit it for $30.

blu97
July 5, 2009, 11:23 AM
Bought one in 243 win some years ago.

Came with a list of barrels from the factory

so added a 12 ga 3 1/2" steel shot barrel and a

12 ga rifled slug barrel for $50 ea.

Makes a nice set

saudst
July 5, 2009, 08:25 PM
Bailey,

It sounds like I might as well just buy a new barrel from NEF. If I pay $50 for the used one, and pay shipping and $30 to them to fit it, I would have about the same $ invested.

Thanks for the info sir, Tim.

jal5
July 22, 2009, 06:53 AM
Check out the Graybeard webpage, go2gbo.com under H&R section they have all the details you would need to fit one yourself. I have done several and they all work fine. Those guys on GBO know more about these rifles and shotguns than the factory technicians!