PDA

View Full Version : XD 45 Compact

riggins_83
June 19, 2009, 01:35 AM
When I purchased this gun it was going to be my daily carry piece. Turns out it's more than a little too thick to avoid printing even with a good loose shirt and IWB holster. Was going to sell it but I realized today I'm really attached to this gun! It's been extremely reliable, the grip height is perfect for my hands, easy to take down and just fun to shoot!

My only issue with the gun is since I cannot conceal it well as I'd like it doesn't have a "practical application." Then again neither does my 11.5 lb Savage 10FP...

I'm usually a 1911 guy, not a big Glock fan. Nothing against the Glock itself, very reliable gun it just doesn't feel right in my hand the way a 1911 does. This XD somehow feels right. As a die hard 1911 fan I was surprised how much I like this gun!

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss355/riggins_83/xdcmp4.jpg?t=1245393094

CDW4ME
June 19, 2009, 06:15 AM
I've got a XD45 compact and I really like it. I wanted to carry it concealed and found a trim holster that lets me effectively and comfortably carry & conceal the XD45 compact. http://www.blade-tech.com/Blade-Tech-Ultimate-Concealment-Holster-pr-821.html

RUT
June 19, 2009, 10:36 AM
I just picked one up today, and was pleased to see it fits perfectly in my XD-9 holster! :)

therealtwitch
June 19, 2009, 10:48 AM
I just got rid of mine and bought a PPS for CCW carry. I love the pps but do have a bad case of sellers remorse. I miss he and will have to replace her soon

CortJestir
June 19, 2009, 11:09 AM
My only issue with the gun is since I cannot conceal it well as I'd like it doesn't have a "practical application."

There are plenty of "practical applications" for guns that you can't necessarily conceal but otherwise fit you well and are keepers. Home Defense, for one - lock up a gun on every floor if you don't carry around the house. Bugout Bag - for those uh-oh moments. Car/Trunk gun. IDPA/competition gun. And my personal favorite - beater gun for the range. Just to name a few. ;):)

I've quickly run out of practical applications to fit all my guns, though. :o:D

riggins_83
June 19, 2009, 12:59 PM
I've quickly run out of practical applications to fit all my guns, though.

A few of my guns I look at and go "how did I justify the cost of this again?"