PDA

View Full Version : Bubble popping on semi-auto rifles?

Bartholomew Roberts
June 13, 2009, 07:54 AM
First I saw that CDNN had a wide range of ARs in stock - Colt, Bushmaster, CMMG, etc. Four or five different brands and many various models.

Then I was at the Fort Worth gun show a while back and noticed that most of the ARs I saw were marked down about $100 from their originally listed price (though still not anywhere near pre-Obama levels).

Now I notice CDNN is giving away what they claim is $150 in free accessories with ARs (5 mags, a folding knife, 1911 Bushing wrench, broken shell extractor, GI cleaning kit) with the purchase of any AR and that availablity everywhere is up and prices coming down?

Has the bubble popped and prices on semi-autos are about to take a good slide?

Al Thompson
June 13, 2009, 08:13 AM
Number of ARs in gunshops here has stabilized. Probably be awhile before prices fall. Obviously, that's my local conditions. :)

ZeSpectre
June 13, 2009, 08:16 AM
I think the answer is yes...and it's happening faster than I anticipated, I was giving it until just before Christmas.

Also my local shops are starting to get .223, 9mm,.40, .45, etc on the shelves and the prices are down to -almost- pre Obama levels.

now if .380 and primers would start showing up I'd be a happy camper!

Palmetto-Pride
June 13, 2009, 08:49 AM
I live in Charleston, SC and my local gun shops have plenty of guns, but ammo is still a little scarce.

Ben
June 13, 2009, 01:26 PM
The shelves used to be STACKED with AR15's that were under $1000, but now only the used and "off names" are under 1K. The quantity is back again, but the prices haven't fallen in GA to where they used to be.

Ben

V.Hunter
June 13, 2009, 02:05 PM
I know everyone was in a rush to get AR's a while back but since the election I have seen more used AR's for sale than I have at any other time that I can remember, even a lot of Colts appeared on the market. I wish I had bought a dozen or so (Colts) about ten years ago. I would have sold every last one of them within two weeks of the election at what I saw where the height of the prices being paid.

Prices are falling here fairly quickly and your DPMS and Bushmasters are almost back to pre election prices. Ammunition on the other hand is still hard to come by and with the exception of Wal-Mart is commanding ridicules prices.

Al Thompson
June 13, 2009, 05:58 PM
Gunshow today (Columbia - SC Fairgrounds) had plenty or ARs and what looked to be a good selection of primers and powder.

Crosshair
June 13, 2009, 06:45 PM
I think the answer is yes...and it's happening faster than I anticipated, I was giving it until just before Christmas.
My guess was similar, 1 year to 18 months after Obama was elected, things would simmer down again. I also said that the Polish would wear off Obama after 6 months and that has kinda already happened.

ndking1126
June 13, 2009, 10:46 PM
My local gun shop has plenty of ARs in stock. And I didn't have a problem finding one priced under $1K. Now that I think about it, my shop looked completely stocked. They had CX4's, all sorts of rifles, AK's, Saiga's etc. They had plenty of ammo, but I didn't look to see what exactly it was.

The shop rocks, though. They never price gouge and always have been fair in all my dealings with them. No high pressure sales. I love them and absolutely hate that I won't be able to shop there after July 7th! :mad: