PDA

View Full Version : I Need help with my Springfield TRP

dmitch4545
June 6, 2009, 08:01 AM
I finally got my TRP the other day and when I brought it home to clean it I had a few problems. I got the slide stop out (no problem), then it said to push recoil spring assembly forward to expose a small pin-sized hole. I must be stupid because I could not see it. It was late so I figured I would put it back together and clean it in the morning, that is when I could not get the slide stop back in because the plunger was in the way. I finally got it back in. I have to be doing something wrong it should not be this hard. If any TRP owners can help it would be sincerely appreciated!!!

redrick
June 6, 2009, 10:20 AM
There is a good video of this at ,
www.wonderhowto.com
search, field strip and reassemble the 1911-A1 TRP pistol.

That will be easier than me trying to tell you.
Be very careful with the slide stop, don't slide it up your pistol and scratch it. Sometimes when a pistol is new the slide stop will not just push in, if this is the case, be very careful and push the plunger back with a small screw driver, while you are pushing in the slide stop. They make a plastic tool that you can use for this, if you are careful you can do it with a small screw driver without scratching your pistol.

This video might also be helpful.
www.gunner777.wordpress.com

Kreyzhorse
June 6, 2009, 11:31 AM
I got the slide stop out (no problem), then it said to push recoil spring assembly forward to expose a small pin-sized hole.

Pin sized hole in the guide rod? You are reading the wrong instructions for taking down your TRP. I believe you are reading the "Operator" instructions. Use the full size instructions and it will be easier for you.

I stumbled taking mine down for the first and realized my mistake. My buddy bought a TRP and did the same thing. He brought his TRP to me in pieces because he couldn't get it back together.

dmitch4545
June 6, 2009, 10:21 PM
Thanks guys. I realized I was reading the TRP Operator disassembly. A lot easier when you read the right take down instructions.