PDA

View Full Version : Bought a new S&W 908 today....

Owens187
June 4, 2009, 11:03 PM
Was at the local toy store today, and saw this little 9mm beauty in the case. The owner said he got it in about an hour before I came in. Came with 3 mags, hard case, lock, all paperwork. Picked it up and it just felt GOOD in my hand. Fit like a glove, and is DA/SA with a decocker, which is exactly what I wanted. Asked how much and he said "ahh...I'll give it to you for $329". Sold! I'm thinking I got a pretty good deal, as after all paperwork was signed and I paid for it, sale final, the guy went to put it in its case, and low and behold, under the foam, there was their actual pricetag which read $479! The look on the guys face was priceless, like he was mentally kicking his own ass!:D Was actually thinking of buying the Sigma, but just couldn't pass this one up, it just fit my hand sooo much nicer. Now, just 9 more days until shell be in my greedy little hand permanently....:D:cool:

Ill post actual pics of it when I pick it up on the 15th.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c54/Owens187/908003.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c54/Owens187/M908_SW103882.jpg

Teuthis
June 4, 2009, 11:26 PM
I think those are excellent pistols. I have one of its ancestors that I have kept over the years and value highly. The de-cocker safety is one of the very best safety conventions for an armed citizen. I traded both of the newer pistols I had without safeties and kept the one that did. Good luck with yours!

TLeo
June 5, 2009, 11:55 AM
I think you will really like it. I had one a few years ago after they first came out and it functioned and shot really well. I eventually sold it and got a Smith model 457 just to go up to a 45 since they were basically identical in size. You got a good deal and it's a good size for CCW as well.

KCabbage
June 5, 2009, 11:59 AM
Good for your brother, great story.

Erich
June 5, 2009, 02:31 PM
Congratulations! :)

KyJim
June 5, 2009, 02:55 PM
Congratulations! A nice gun at a great price. I would have snapped it up as well.

Owens187
June 6, 2009, 02:13 AM
Now if only I could find some dang AMMO!!!:mad::rolleyes:

ruhip
August 21, 2009, 02:39 PM
Had a 908 when I first started shooting autos....I never could hit much with it and sold it....Found out later that it wasn't the gun it was me...Years later at the range a fellow had one...tried it about 15 yards out and lo and behold got them all in the center.....Wish I never sold mine...Nice gun very flat and carries well....Good luck with yours...

LH2
August 21, 2009, 03:19 PM
Since you said it included 3 mags, I'm assuming it was used. $329 is a good price - while $479 would have been a ripoff.

3rd gen S&W pistols are under the radar and under appreciated for the most part. But in my experience, they're accurate and extremely reliable regardless of bullet shape.

Congrats on a nice pistol!

PSP
August 21, 2009, 03:30 PM
I just bought one of those myself. More to fill a hole in the collection than anything. That price is outstanding, better than I did.

I was a bit disappointed in it's accuracy when I went to the range. It shoots pretty easy and functioned fine, but I was not putting rounds through the same hole by any measure.

It's a OK gun but IMO there are better designs available nowadays. Reassembly is a bit of a pain and disassembly seems to be a less than snag free affair. Maybe that's just learning curve stuff...?

wnycollector
August 21, 2009, 03:50 PM
Congrats on a great little pistol. I am an avid admirer of S&W 2nd and 3rd gen autos and a single stack 9mm in on my list to aquire.

DasFriek
August 21, 2009, 06:20 PM
Id say the dealer made a good sized mistake,as i know id expect to pay around $450 for that new.
Those are very similier to the "Chiefs Special" in .45acp i want,i guess you cant have too many .45's right?