PDA

View Full Version : Help tok experts!

wnycollector
June 1, 2009, 04:27 PM
My beloved Polish Wz-48 tokarev is sick! After 3000+ rounds of trouble free shooting, I picked up a new chinese chrome lined tok barrel and recoil spring from egunparts and installed them last friday. At the range on saturday every few rounds the gun would fail to go back to battery. All I had to do was give it a shove and everything was good until the next round Same thing again!

I noticed that the extractor was dirty. When I went back home to clean my guns I pulled out the extractor and cleaned the channel in which it articulates in the slide...it was FULL of tar-like burnt powder residue. Other than a good scrubbing with hoppes and a couple of shots of clp in the trigger and hammer assemblies I did not change a thing.

Today at the range I went back to see it I had solven my issue. There is good and bad news. I only experienced one failure to go back to battery...but NOW the hammer will not stay cocked under recoil! The slide come back and cocks the hammer...but the hammer will NOT stay back. This started to happen after the first two mags. HELP! Any ideas on what I should do?

wnycollector
June 2, 2009, 05:10 AM
Anyone have ANY ideas?