PDA

View Full Version : How 'bout a Springfield XD-M .45 acp?

Oldjarhead
May 7, 2009, 03:30 PM
I contacted Springfield Armory a couple of weeks ago, and asked them why they do not have a XD-M in .45acp? I was told that the XD is the only .45acp they are currently making, and there are no plans so far, to produce them. Huh? It seems logical to me that an improved version (XD-M) would also be produced in 45acp. So far, only 9mm, and .40. Anybody out there feel the same as me. If so, call Springfield and tactifully suggest it.:(

whiplash
May 7, 2009, 04:41 PM
Ya, you would think that they would be working on the XDM in 45.....but I dont think I would go out and replace my XD45 though.....now if they came out with a 10mm :D , that might be something to add to the collection.

Keltyke
May 7, 2009, 04:43 PM
Maybe they got it right with the XD .45.

therealtwitch
May 7, 2009, 05:37 PM
i thought the same way for a while. but i don't really like the back straps. the basic xd fit my hand perfect. so I was gonna just get a match grade barrel from them and get some night sites. but again decided to leave it alone; as it drives nails now and was dead nuts accurate out of the box. 2000 later and i still haven't changed a thing. So I thing they got it right too. I do agree though, make it in 10mm and im in too

Tophe
May 7, 2009, 05:40 PM
Even if they are working on it, they probably wouldn't tell you. If they said " yea it will be out in 6 months" and something happened and it wasnt ready for 12 months it wouldnt look good.

JMO, but I wouldn't let that get your hopes down.....they pry get asked that alot and wouldnt want to disrupt their release of it.

Shane Tuttle
May 7, 2009, 06:44 PM
Even if they are working on it, they probably wouldn't tell you. If they said " yea it will be out in 6 months" and something happened and it wasnt ready for 12 months it wouldnt look good.

Maybe, maybe not. They did tell us when the XD45ACP was going to come out and ended up delaying the delivery a bit. They had delays again when the different frame colors came out, too. This time around? Dunno.

Maybe they got it right with the XD .45.

I thought this was the case at one time, but I don't agree. They got the XD9 and XD40 right, yet we have these cartridges available for the (M). I'm banking my bet on the fact the demand for a polymer handgun chambered in .45ACP was pretty high a few years ago. Now that ammo prices are through the roof as well as reloading supplies, people are shooting 9mm and .40SW more instead to shave costs.

Chui
May 7, 2009, 06:57 PM
Look at the M&P45, the Glock 21SF, the HK45 and the FN45. All of them are nice.

Shane Tuttle
May 7, 2009, 07:15 PM
Look at the M&P45, the Glock 21SF, the HK45 and the FN45. All of them are nice.

I could be wrong, (won't be the first nor last), but I don't think Oldjarhead is asking what's a good gun to buy.

HDTVSELLER
May 7, 2009, 08:24 PM
well look at it in a buisness point of view. If they told you yeah in 4 or 6 months we will come out with the 45xdm woudnt you wait to buy it till then ?
or if they say no you will just buy what they have out then and when it comes out in 4 or 6 months you will then find a way to buy it then also. they sell more by keeping you in the dark if you realy look at it. and im amost positive they have thought of it but they might have a prob with the fuction or design of it when the ran it threw the software. and until then you will want the gun now so you wont wait . but thats just me and ive been wrong in the past...

iiplus
July 30, 2009, 08:14 PM
Personally don't think you can get much better in a non 1911 45 cal pistol. I love my beretta's PX4's, Cougars, M9. I wanted a PX4 45 but I could not find one after searching for months. The local range has Glock, Kimber, XD, Ruger, and S&W 45's for rent. I shot them all and kept coming back to XD on the non 1911's. You guessed it I purchased an XD. Shoots straight, simple field stripping, feels great in my hand. I still want to find a PX4 45.

supercharged86
April 20, 2010, 03:41 PM
Well well well, wouldn't you know it. Springfield to finally release a XDM-.45ACP, it's about @$%#@ing time. Just received my current issue of NRA American Rifleman magazine and look what's on page 9! Although there's NO details about it on their website, go figure :mad:.

TheBigO
April 20, 2010, 04:38 PM
ohhh man- I love my XDM- One in 45acp has moved to the top of the list for "Next Purchase" You say its in a print add only huh- I think that they better let the news out slow or there might be a riot with people trying to get their hands on one.

supercharged86
April 20, 2010, 05:00 PM
It's pictured with a 4.5" barrel. Sure to be a sell out!

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p203/Supercharged86/Marauder/SAXDM-45ACP.jpg

Beentown71
April 20, 2010, 06:33 PM
I will get one.

Beentown

snolden
April 22, 2010, 09:10 AM
still nothing on the website. I put my rifleman mag in my shop so I will have that add to hang up after I buy the darned thing that ain't for sale yet.

Any good guesses on what the mag capacity might be increased to?

Is it possible to get 17 round of .45 into an XD service sized pistol grip?

18DAI
April 22, 2010, 09:16 AM
Now theres a tupperware gun I want!! I'll be buying one of those XDm 45's in bi-tone as soon as my dealer can get one.

Finally, a new production handgun that is exciting.....and good looking!! :)

Regards 18DAI.