PDA

View Full Version : Stoeger 2000

Super-Dave
May 7, 2009, 11:34 AM
Which benelli model is the most similiar to the stoeger 2000?

Are there any parts at all that can be interchanged between the two?

jmr40
May 7, 2009, 12:33 PM
The M1 is closest in function and looks. As far as I know the newer M2 Benelli and the M1 are the same from a functioning standpoint. Just a different stock design on the M2.

The choke tubes would interchange on the ones I had, but I doubt anything else will. They function on the same principle, but they are designed a lot differently. The recoil spring on the Benelli is in the buttstock and in the foreend on the Stoeger. The Benelli has a shorter 3+1 mag, where the Stoeger is longer and is 4+1. The foreends are different lengths because of this.

RoscoeC
May 7, 2009, 03:17 PM
The choke tubes are standard Beretta Mobil Choke tubes. I have a Stoeger M2000 and 2 Beretta 390's. All take the same tubes. Can't comment on the similarities to the Benelli's. A couple of my friends have several Benellis and I have shot them a bit, but have never broken one down.

I'm thinking that jmr40 is right. The principle is the same, but the design is quite different. I pretty sure that nothing is going to actually interchange.

You didn't ask, but here it is anyway. I find the M2000 to be a great shotgun. Works real good and lasts a long time.

Kmar40
May 7, 2009, 08:06 PM
Sounds like a lot of gun for the money. It's on my "I want it" list.

jmr40
May 7, 2009, 08:45 PM
I will also say that I believe the Stoeger to be the best buy in an auto shotgun. I bought one several years ago when they were around $350. I kept mine for 2 years and it worked perfectly. I only sold mine because I ran across a used Benelli M1 at a price too good to pass up. I kept both guns for a while and when someone offered me $375 for it I decided I did not need 2 guns so similar.

They are not as nicely finished as the Benelli but if there was any difference in function I could never tell it. A great gun for 1/3 the price of the Benelli.

RetiredLawman
May 8, 2009, 09:46 AM
The Montefeltro is the closest match. The 2000 is a Monte in the rough. Polish it out by shooting it and you have bascially the same action.

Super-Dave
May 11, 2009, 06:41 AM
Are there any parts with the montefeltro and the stoeger 2000 that can interchange?

Super-Dave
May 15, 2009, 07:51 AM
no one knows?

RetiredLawman
May 15, 2009, 08:42 AM
The actions for both are made in Turkey at Stoeger SSA, as are the barrels. They are not made to the same specs. Thus it is doubtful that the parts will interchange. The Monte is assembled in Italy and the Stoeger is assembled in Turkey. Various other parts are made by the lowest bidder all over the globe and sent to the assembly lines for final assembly. The Montes are actually test fired while the 2000 is not. Benelli has QC on site to make sure the guns work as advertised.

Stoeger cuts costs to make an economy gun and the customer does the QC. If it works, it usually keeps on working. If it doesn't, the customer and Stoeger have a chat and they attempt to repair the gun.

I have had good luck with the 2000s. I bought a couple for my sons and I'm satisfied.