PDA

View Full Version : New member introduction........

bullseyekp
April 14, 2000, 01:53 PM
Hi everyone,

I spend quite a bit of time on the computer at work and I have been reading the forum for over a year. It is an outstanding source of information and ideas. Thanks to everyone for contributing. The "CompuServe Firearms Forum" post finally struck my nerve enough to post something so I guess I am hooked now.

Brief bio on myself: I'm a 21 year old college junior (economics). I have been shooting since I was three when I touched off my first round out of dad's Star PD. I am currently shooting IDPA and IPSC and spend a lot of free time reloading and shooting, reloading and shooting, running, tennis, etc. Other than that, I am studying and doing a lot of research right now.

If anyone on the forum is interested in shooting IDPA in Oklahoma City, send me email and I will get you all the info you need. I'm looking forward being a part of this forum. God Bless.

Be Safe and Shoot Straight!!

Miss Demeanors
April 14, 2000, 01:59 PM
Welcome aboard KP950KC (Whew I had to scroll down to get the name right :) )

------------------
Sandys' Homepage (http://www.angelfire.com/il2/imconverted/il2/imconverted/Default.htm)
RKBA forums (http://pub2.ezboard.com/fpsychotalkfirearmsandrkba)
We are as one as we all are the same fighting for one cause -Metallica

AF Shooter
April 14, 2000, 02:00 PM
KP95OKC,
Welcome to TFL. Pull up a chair! If yall' have any big IPSC shoots coming up in The City, post it in the competition forum. I might just make the trip up from TX.

DVC

------------------
Tom Whitman
SSgt, USAF

bestdefense357
April 14, 2000, 05:43 PM
KP95OKC, welcome to TFL. What are you studying in college? Robert
http://www.ocala4sale.com/bestdefense

Bud Helms
April 14, 2000, 05:59 PM
Welcome, KP950KC.

4V50 Gary
April 14, 2000, 06:02 PM
Welcome. For a dissertation, how about the Economics of Gun Control? An analysis of restrictive gun laws versus liberalized shall issue laws. You can start with John Lott's More Guns, Less Crime..

JHS
April 14, 2000, 06:48 PM
Welcome, good to have another Okie here.
You may have some bad weather Sat.
What College?

bullseyekp
April 14, 2000, 07:12 PM
I'm studying economics for my undergraduate degree which will be done May 2001 at Oklahoma City University (small private school near downtown).

4V50Gary, I have written a couple of papers on the gun control issue when I was still a criminal justice major (left that major b/c it wasn't challenging me) and might consider the topic for my graduate dissertation at UT Austin when I go to get my masters!! Lott's book is pretty good. If you're interested in some really good writing on gun control, check out Daniel Polsby's stuff, smart guy. I'll be sure to post any big matches coming up in this area. =)

ArmySon
April 14, 2000, 07:19 PM
Welcome KP95OKC!

------------------
ArmySon
1911 Addiction (http://users.supernet.com/taos/)
1911 Forums (http://www.1911forum.com)
"Rangers Lead the Way!"

terridarri
April 14, 2000, 07:23 PM
Welcome to TFL, you'll enjoy this family, all a bunch of nice people. Good to have you. :) :)

------------------
WHEN IT COMES TO FRIENDS THE SKY IS NOT THE LIMIT

Sgt.K
April 14, 2000, 08:14 PM
Welcome, the more the merrier!!

Sgt.K

jcoyoung
April 15, 2000, 12:30 AM
Glad to see another firearm enthusiast come out of the shadows here at TFL. Welcome KP95OKC.

Jessica Wellman
April 15, 2000, 02:21 AM
Welcome to the Firing Line!

foxfire
April 15, 2000, 04:44 AM
KP950KC,

Welcome aboard!
We've got plenty of room, plan on staying awhile...

------------------
...defend the 2nd., it protects us all.
No fate but what we make...

TMoney
April 15, 2000, 05:19 AM
KP950KC, I'm sitting just below you in Dallas, and it's good to have you as a neighbor, so step right up and sight in, please.

Ken51
April 15, 2000, 05:56 AM
Welcome from another neighbor in the Dallas area!

jeffer
April 15, 2000, 08:58 AM
Welcome and happy shootin!

Jim V
April 15, 2000, 06:09 PM
Hey, welcome to our little forum.
Stay, learn and teach, we all do.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

[This message has been edited by Jim V (edited April 15, 2000).]

Jeff Thomas
April 15, 2000, 06:43 PM
KP950KC, welcome to TFL! Very glad to have you here.

Have you read Unintended Consequences yet? With your long background in firearms, I'll bet you would greatly enjoy that novel.

Regards from AZ

tatters
April 15, 2000, 06:58 PM
Welcome to our little home in cyberspace! You will meet many friends here, and you will become one as well. We are an addicting bunch in a good way.

------------------
Knock twice. Rap with your cane. Feels nice. You're out of the rain. We got your skinny girls. Here at the Western World
from Steely Dan's "Western World"

[This message has been edited by tatters (edited April 15, 2000).]

Spectre
April 15, 2000, 07:26 PM
Nice to make your aquaintance. I'm always encouraged to find young progunners. Hope to read your contributions soon.

----------------------------------------
Every year's a souvenir, that slowly fades away.

Hard Ball
April 15, 2000, 07:53 PM
Boomer Sooner! Welcome to the club.

RWK
April 15, 2000, 07:56 PM
Welcome! I'm sure you'll add to our "family".

Wayne Dobbs
April 15, 2000, 09:33 PM
Well...I guess us Texans will let another Sooner on the forum...won't we guys???

Welcome to our little show from somebody on the right side of the Red River!!

Wayne Dobbs
Richardson, TX PD

Blueyedog
April 15, 2000, 10:23 PM
Welcome KP95OKC! :) May I call you KP? ;)