PDA

View Full Version : Hey, what's the deal with the membership status...

kframe19
April 13, 2000, 01:40 PM
Member,

Senior Member,

Godlike Member

Omnipotent Entity Member

What gives with the different levels? --Mike

Jessica Wellman
April 13, 2000, 02:06 PM
Member= 0-14 Posts
Senior Member= 15+ posts
Moderator= Babysitter :D
Administrator=Top Dogs/Owner Operators

TheBluesMan
April 13, 2000, 02:13 PM
LadydeeJ - You're in time out for 1 hour! ;)

Less than 15 posts = Member

15 posts or more = Senior Member (Congratulations, kframe19, you're a senior member)

More than 500 posts and 5000rds of ammo sent to each Administrator = Moderator :p

<Classified> = Administrator

------------------
RKBA!
"The people have the right to bear arms for their defense and security"
Ohio Constitution, Article I, Section 4 Concealed Carry is illegal in Ohio.
Ohioans for Concealed Carry Website (http://www.ofcc.net)

Jeff Thomas
April 13, 2000, 03:53 PM
kframe19, I suppose this means you don't know about the initiation either? You're still scheduled for this Friday, aren't you? ;)

ctdonath
April 13, 2000, 04:15 PM
More than 500 posts and 5000rds of ammo sent to each Administrator = Moderator

Will 5000 rounds sequentially delivered at about 2000 fps do?

FUD
April 13, 2000, 04:23 PM
Hey, how about making it really interesting ...<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI> People who have the most posts, say like something in the top 10% would be called Charter Members
<LI> The next 20% would be Senior Members
<LI> The next 40% would be Members
<LI> The next 20% would be Junior Members
<LI> And the bottom 10% with regard to posts would be New Members</UL>This would create a nice bell shape curve with a majority of the members in the middle 40% as Members and it would keep things interesting because if you go away for a while and don't keep up with the posts, people could pass you and you might drop a level or two ;)

[This message has been edited by FUD (edited April 13, 2000).]

johnwill
April 13, 2000, 07:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FUD:
Hey, how about making it really interesting ...
[/quote]

I suppose we could also shoot anyone that let their postings get too low after attaining Charter Member status? :)

foxfire
April 13, 2000, 07:32 PM
Fud,

Sounds great but -
it'll never work 'cause it makes too much sense... ;)
...and cause too much re-profiling for the administrators. :(

------------------
...defend the 2nd., it protects us all.
No fate but what we make...

Blue Jays
April 13, 2000, 10:45 PM
Good Evening Everyone-

The only concern about hierarchical "membership status" is that it may encourage pointless drivel in an attempt to seek "higher status?"

As it is, many people post questions before doing a reasonable search of existing threads....

Not a flame, but what do ya'll think?

Regards,

~ Blue Jays ~

kframe19
April 13, 2000, 11:25 PM
I think you need to not think quite so hard about the implications, BlueJay. ;)

Mike Davies
April 14, 2000, 12:47 AM
I'll bring the rope...&lt;gg&gt;.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff Thomas:
kframe19, I suppose this means you don't know about the initiation either? You're still scheduled for this Friday, aren't you? ;)[/quote]

George Hill
April 14, 2000, 12:59 AM
If we changed the names and levels, some people could be negativley effected - Senior Members dropped to Jr Member status, etc.

In reallity the titles dont mean all that much. It's What you Say that establishes a pecking order... You want to see how long someone has been around? Check number of posts. Thats an indication.

LOL - I remember the begining - it felt like me and Rob were in a race to see who could post the most. I posted from work - and it seemed he stayed up all night! I did beat him ONCE! He's an animal!
:D

kframe19
April 14, 2000, 01:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Davies:
I'll bring the rope...&lt;gg&gt;.
[/quote]

Well, well, well. Look what the Moose dragged in!

Who the hell let the Canadian in here? :)

I did hear about the initiation. All the red-blooded, God fearing 'Mericans get together and whail on the Maple Leaf.

:p :p

Grayfox
April 14, 2000, 01:43 AM
Ah yes, the old membership discussion. We've had this one a time or two before.
In the past we've kicked around such titles as:
Newbie member
'Ol fart member
Curmudgeon member (that's me! :D)
Crusty member
Damifican remember!

Bottom line is that member and senior member are built into the software. Messing with it would do a whole lot more harm than good. Best to just leave it alone.

Besides, George hit the nail square on the head. It ain't how many times you open yer yap, but what comes out when ya do. :rolleyes:

------------------
TFL's official "Curmudgeon Member" and damned proud of it!

Art Eatman
April 14, 2000, 11:54 AM
Anybody in the top ten percent as to number of posts probably oughta get a life.

:), Art

kframe19
April 14, 2000, 12:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Art Eatman:
Anybody in the top ten percent as to number of posts probably oughta get a life.

:), Art[/quote]

Well spoken for a guy with over 1,600 posts, Art! :)