PDA

View Full Version : Current Problem With Local indoor range

dw
April 13, 2000, 10:30 PM
Currently we are only allowed to shoot lead rounds. We are looking for material to hang on the sides of the range that will prevent full metal jacketed rounds hitting something they are not supposed to. We currently have rubber blocks for the backstop that do a good job. But are sides are wooden( it is an old indoor range and we are saving up for a new one). Until then though we are looking for a company and the material that we can hang up on the side walls to prevent these bullets for going to who knows where. Any advice would be great thanks alot guys.

Don Gwinn
April 13, 2000, 10:54 PM
Politicians work well.

jeffer
April 14, 2000, 07:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Don Gwinn:
Politicians work well.[/quote]
Good point, I don’t think I could stand all that BS.
How about stacks of tires filled with sand?

bookkie
April 14, 2000, 08:08 AM
Don't know about the full metal jacketed rounds, but what we use is steel plate mounted at a 45 degree angle to deflect the rounds downward.

I would suggest contacting the NRA. They should be able to help with this. Also if your range is a club, you may be able to get a grant from the NRA endowment fund to pay for the upgrade. Speaking of which, Please anyone who reads this, support the Friends of the NRA. All funds collected go into the Endowment Fund. The principal is never touched, but the interest off of it is used to help build and repair ranges. Funds hunters safety courses etc. It is an attempt to make sure that the shooting sports will always have funds to support them.

Thanks,

------------------
Richard

The debate is not about guns,
but rather who has the ultimate power to rule,
the People or Government.
RKBA!