PDA

View Full Version : Needed 223 with 1 in 9 twist . . . purchase made!

Prof Young
April 28, 2009, 08:09 PM
Riflemen:

Thanks for all the advice on the 223 with a faster twist rate. I did a lot of on line window shopping and stopped by my favorite gun shop this afternoon. He'd just gotten in a Savage 11FXP3 and the price was super so I slapped my money down. The MSR is $601 and I got it for $423. Will pick it up tommorrow and probably shoot it in the next few days. (Gotta review how to break in a barrel.) Will let you know.

I don't know if we are allowed to tout retail outlets in this formum, but the Sportsmans Choice in Litchfield, IL has supper prices. This is the second gun I've bought from him that was less than the MSR by a good deal.

Live well, be safe
Prof Young

precision_shooter
April 28, 2009, 08:29 PM
This is my opinion and the documented opinion of a well known custom barrell maker....

No barrell break-in is required. Just go out and shoot.

precision_shooter
April 28, 2009, 08:30 PM
Oh, and congrats on your new rifle. I'm sure it will exceed your expectations.

masterhunter
April 28, 2009, 09:31 PM
I'm sorry.............

armedtotheteeth
April 28, 2009, 09:36 PM
just what are their "supper" prices? :D
Barrel break in simply put is not sending 100 rounds a minute down the barrel. Clean it every few shots for the first 100 or so. Then its all good. If anything , itll make you feel better about it. I have done it to all of my rifles and i feel better about it.

Prof Young
April 30, 2009, 04:22 PM
Masterhunter (a title that who gave you?)

Quick, go look outside, there is a parade!!!!! go rain on it.

:eek:

precision_shooter
April 30, 2009, 04:32 PM
I'm sorry.............

YES, Yes you are sorry!

masterhunter
April 30, 2009, 04:34 PM
You poor Salvage lovers kill me............

BlondieStomp
April 30, 2009, 04:46 PM
Prof. Young, nice rifle. The accutrigger is really conducive to accuracy, at least for me.

Masterhunter (:rolleyes:)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/blondiestomp/dont_feed_the_trolls.jpg