PDA

View Full Version : Cops Say Student Lied About Threats

Ledbetter
April 12, 2000, 01:17 PM
Here's the latest FAKE VICTIM of "weapons:"

HASTINGS, Neb. (AP) -- A black Hastings College student who said he was kidnapped in a racially motivated incident last month was lying, police said Wednesday.

Winfred L. Stafford, 24, claimed several people with a weapon made him get into their car March 26, then took him into the country and forced him to walk about 90 minutes back into town. At the time, police said the incident was racially motivated.

Stafford also said he had received racist hate mail.

Police said Wednesday that none of the events happened, and Stafford has been cited for filing a false report. He is to appear in Adams County Court on April 27.

The case appeared to have been a domestic matter rather than a racial incident, police said in a news release.

The college said Stafford, a senior scheduled to graduate in May, will face a review over whether he violated the student code of conduct. Penalties for violating the code include expulsion from school.

CMOS
April 12, 2000, 02:13 PM
I'm going to run to my TV so I can see this one on CNN...

CMOS

------------------
GOA, TSRA, LEAA, NRA, SAF and I vote!

Erik
April 12, 2000, 03:05 PM
CMOS,
Good one! :) :) :)

Donny
April 12, 2000, 03:24 PM
Well you have to understand. This story holds a parallel to the Church burnings in NE Texas a few years back.
That was all racial as well.
Turned out that it was a slightly mentally challenged minority who was a torch.

After that was made public, it got very, very, in the "community".

A similar thing happened in Ottumwa, IA. back in the mid to late 70's. The local industrial college had a high attendee role of Saudi students. Now, Ottumwa is NOT a thriving metropolis, and many of the "students" were rather disillusioned by that fact. They wanted the party, the American Dance clubs... Everything they thought we were all about.
After several years, a few of them decided the quickest way out of here was to stage an event. A handgun was used to place holes in one of the guy's car, and they went running to the police, saying that they were being shot at, etc..
Yeah, the FBI, and Co was here in a big hurry. The investigation revealed that there were gross inconsistencies with their story, and they folded on the story, and fessed up.

Net result, they got what they wanted, and were shipped out to a larger, more metropolitan area.
Meanwhile, it appearead to everyone else in the world that we were gun-toting [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color]s who shot at everything that we didn't approve of. I don't recall seeing, or hearing a thing on the noose-casters report about the self inflicted horrors they'd(Saudi students) performed to get their piece of the American Pie. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge. Typical media coverage of earth-shaking events, even twenty-some years ago. The truth never quite slipped out for the masses to read.

Best Regards,
Don

------------------
The most foolish mistake we could make would be to allow the subjected people to carry arms; history shows that all conquerers who have allowed their subjected people to carry arms have prepared their own fall.
Adolf Hitler

larry_minn
April 13, 2000, 12:29 AM
Very common. Had a student after a Gay pride type lecture claim assult by gay bashers. Lots of national media attention but when facts came out and the story was proved false no more story.

LawDog
April 13, 2000, 12:49 AM
Let us not forget the Rev. Al Sharpton and Tarawna Whatsername.

When she was a victim of a hate crime, the Media was all over the story. When her allegations were throughly debunked, the Media wasn't there.

And Ol' Al still hauls her around the country sounding off about the 'hate crimes' she endured.

Morons.
:mad:LawDog