PDA

View Full Version : I'm Home!!!!

Grayfox
April 8, 2000, 02:06 PM
Well, they kicked me out of the hospital yesterday so now I'm home. Yep, insurance folks walked in and said I'd been here long enough. This whole story is worthy of a rant all its own and may yet be one. But, for now, I'm just too tired. It is good to be home.
I'ts taken me quite a while to go through my e-mail and the thread about me. Its nice to know I have so many friends, but It does make me question some of your intellegence that you accually want to be in my "Known Accomplices" file. :D
And Rich, an icon? You go and call me an icon? Just how does one go about taking a comment like than? Jeez, and here I've spent all this time just trying to acceieve "Curmudgeon" status. :)

Truthfully, my friends. Mere words can never express the outpouring of love and friendship that I've felt over the last few days from the members of this special place.
You folks really are the good guys, I'm proud to know ya.

Miss Demeanors
April 8, 2000, 02:11 PM
WELCOME BACK GRAY FOX!!!

GREAT to see that you are home. Get some rest and take care. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Futo Inu
April 8, 2000, 02:11 PM
Glad you're home and still with us. Good luck on your recovery. Yep, funny how your stay seems sufficient to the docs when the insurance money runs out.

Jessica Wellman
April 8, 2000, 02:12 PM
Well yippppeee!!
Nice to have you back Grayfox!!

------------------
Shooter's Enrichment Forum (http://pub6.ezboard.com/bshootersenrichmentprogram)

foxfire
April 8, 2000, 02:33 PM
Grayfox,

Hey don't forget to tell everybody about the great looking teddy that Rich sent ya! ;)

It's good to have you back.
Talk at you later...

------------------
...defend the 2nd., it protects us all.
No fate but what we make...

Mal H
April 8, 2000, 02:45 PM
Welcome back! So, been up to anything exciting lately? We'll need a range report as soon as possible. :D :D

bruels
April 8, 2000, 03:01 PM
Welcome back. You're probably better off at home.

Jason Demond
April 8, 2000, 03:33 PM
Welcome Home!

------------------
ACCEPT NOTHING LESS THAN FULL VICTORY!"

General Dwight D. Eisenhower-- June 6,1944
------------------------

http://www.homestead.com/gunrights/Guns_and_Gunrights.html

ICQ NO. 46780559

Rich Lucibella
April 8, 2000, 03:40 PM
Lee-
I was gonna email you, but I might as well say it publicly: "You check out when we tell you to check out! Got it? You pull a stunt like this again and I'll kill you myself!" :D

Seriously, it's great to see you back. Take your time and get some rest. Then let us know what your plans are for the next 100 years. I hearby promote you to TFL Curmudgeon Status. ;)
Rich Lucibella

pack_rat
April 8, 2000, 03:57 PM
It's great to have you back. Does range time count as therapy? ;)

Eric of IN
April 8, 2000, 03:59 PM
Grayfox,
Good to have you back.
Eric

------------------
Formerly Puddle Pirate.
Teach a kid to shoot.
It annoys the antis.

fubsy
April 8, 2000, 04:03 PM
Welcome back, rest up and follow up with the programs the doc's set up for ya....its important for your recovery.......oh yeah and you need to change your "tfl username" , it should now read "grayfox: tfl's acknowledged curmudgeon"....lol...fubsy.

4V50 Gary
April 8, 2000, 04:16 PM
Grayfox, primus curmudgeon, welcome home.

DOCSpanky
April 8, 2000, 04:18 PM
As I told my mother-in-law before they put her second zipper in the chest.
"I love you, but if you do this again, I'll do the surgery myself with a Black&Decker circular saw and a butter knife with only tylenol for anesthetic."

Seriously, being in the medical field. You must become vigilant about you diet and exercise. Few people get a second opportunity at a zipper like my mother-in-law did. Take care of yourself buddy. God Speed on your recovery!

V/R DOCSpanky

------------------
I thought I'd seen it all, until a 22WMR spun a bunny 2 1/4 times in the air!

Bud Helms
April 8, 2000, 04:22 PM
Good for you, Grayfox. Welcome back.

Gunslinger
April 8, 2000, 04:30 PM
Welcome back Grayfox!!! Teddies and ah....hmmm......strange exercises??? I think there is something here some of us are missing. They must have one hell of a therapy regime down there in Memphis. ;)

Seriously it is great to have you back.

------------------
Gunslinger

We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.

Dennis Olson
April 8, 2000, 04:36 PM
Glad to hear that you're okay. Welcome home, and take care of yourself. Only one "near miss" to a customer....

DC
April 8, 2000, 04:41 PM
Excellent! Welcome home Grayfox, glad all is ok.
Don't worry about diet...the Mediterranean is so good I do it voluntarily :)

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

LawDog
April 8, 2000, 05:05 PM
Welcome home, Grayfox, welcome home!

LawDog

G-Freeman
April 8, 2000, 05:06 PM
Good news. Getting to the exit of a hospital and kicking that wheelchair out from under you sure feels better. Home smells good don't it? :)

Mike in VA
April 8, 2000, 05:08 PM
Grayfox, promoted to curmudgeon emeritus, glad to hear you're on the mend. Hospitals suck, you really can't get any rest there, let alone a decent meal. So now, take it slow, milk it for all it's worth, and bask in the knowldge taht we're all greatly relieved that your home! Cheers, dood.
M2

loknload
April 8, 2000, 05:34 PM
Welcome Home,Welcome Back And wishing you a speedy recovery :)

Jim V
April 8, 2000, 05:37 PM
The BEST dadgum news I've heard all day. Go Grayfox. Hip Hip Hooray. :D :D :D

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

Longjohn
April 8, 2000, 05:38 PM
Grayfox,

Welcome home, stay well, and think of beautiful guns!!!

Longjohn

JHS
April 8, 2000, 06:07 PM
Outstanding! Get well,faster. :D

Outlaw1
April 8, 2000, 06:14 PM
Welcome back Grayfox!
I'm sure TFL is a LOT more fun than some ol' hospital anyway. ;)

SA Scott
April 8, 2000, 06:22 PM
Get some rest, fella! Just make sure some of it's in front of the PC! :D

SA Scott

El Chimango Pete
April 8, 2000, 07:12 PM
Welcome back mon! The 'insurance company' eh? As a card carrying curmudgeon i've found it isn't exactly the 'insurance company' that does the kicking out :) Teddy bears or not - nothing like home!

Dennis
April 8, 2000, 07:21 PM
Now THIS is the best news I've had this week. Good show, Grayfox!
Really glad you're back.

Ottergal
April 8, 2000, 07:22 PM
WooooooHooooooo!!!! A big giant welcome home hug is going out to my favorite curmudgeon...and Otter is even doing the happy dance for you!! This is indeed wonderful news!! Now you rest up and take care of yourself! :D

Hal
April 8, 2000, 07:26 PM
:)
You were missed. I had to hold out all by myself against the forces of the round frame ;)

Jeff Thomas
April 8, 2000, 08:13 PM
Dittos - welcome back, Grayfox!

An icon? I see what you mean ... that would be enough to make anyone feel under the weather ... ;)

Take care. Regards from AZ

Art Eatman
April 8, 2000, 09:00 PM
Now, folks, don't go double-clicking on that icon, yet. You heard him say he's tired.

Mudge, mudge, mudge...

:), Art

Bruce in West Oz
April 8, 2000, 09:02 PM
Welcome home -- your home and TFL! Sure good to have you back again. Don't go scaring us like that again, OK??

B

Ed Brunner
April 8, 2000, 09:06 PM
Great news!!! Welcome back you old Curmudgeon.

Wait until you get into the Cardiac Rehab abnd find out you need to get a motorcycle as part of your therapy.

------------------
Better days to be,

Ed

missmanytoes
April 8, 2000, 09:10 PM
Grayfox,

Welcome back. Very glad to hear you are on the mend.

-sarah

Oatka
April 8, 2000, 10:15 PM
As the others, Welcome Back. My card will probably miss you then as I doubt the hospital will forward them.

I understand the nurses are relaxing now. They were afraid you'd be chasing them down the hall. :)

terridarri
April 8, 2000, 10:25 PM
Grayfox,
Welcome home, glad you had a speedy recovery and your home. :)

------------------
WHEN IT COMES TO FRIENDS THE SKY IS NOT THE LIMIT

Gopher a 45
April 9, 2000, 02:33 AM
Welcome back! I daresay that not being subjected to hospital food should speed your recovery greatly. :D Again, welcome back.

RWK
April 9, 2000, 07:41 AM
Welcome back! I'm very glad you're home.

jeffer
April 9, 2000, 08:26 AM
Welcome home!
My labor pains have stopped.
:D :D :D :D :D

Daren Thompson
April 9, 2000, 09:10 AM
WELCOME BACK!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

old man
April 9, 2000, 09:28 AM
Welcome home from one zipper belly to another.

45King
April 9, 2000, 09:29 AM
Good to see you back, Grayfox! Hope the mending continues.

Hey Rich, can we establish an "Honorary Order of the Old Curmudgeon" award and have GF be its first recipient? :)

------------------
Shoot straight regards, Richard at The Shottist's Center (http://forums.delphi.com/m/main.asp?sigdir=45acp45lc)

johnbt
April 9, 2000, 10:14 AM
Welcome back!! John

Correia
April 9, 2000, 10:39 AM
Welcome home. :D

Larry Correia

Grayfox
April 10, 2000, 04:02 PM
First off, sorry for not responding sooner. Fact is that I'm weak as a newborn kit right now and just don't feel up to doing much. Doc says this is normal and will pass soon. For now my posts may be somewhat spotty, but don't worry, in no time at all you'll be wishing I'd just shut up a while. :D
As for the matter of the Vermont Teddy. Rich sent my wife an e-mail to suggest a get well gift. He's that kind of a guy, ya know. Real class act. Anyhow, one of the things he suggested was a Vermont Teddy. Having never heard of such a thing, Margaret starts getting odd thoughts about lingere and what does this have to do with being sick? As I'm sure some of you did. Come on, admit it!
What it is, is a Vermont Teddy BEAR Greeting. Its a Teddy Bear dressed up and sent out as a greeting card! They're really a great gift too. Women just fall in love and even the most maucho roughneck can't help but say "now ain't that cute!"
Rich sent me a "Dr. Goodbear Get Well Bear- gram". Dressed as a doctor with flowers, candy and Get well Soon across his chest, this little guy lifted my spirts as soon as I saw him. To make it that much more perfect, imbrodered across the back of his lab coat reads "TFL MEDICAL STAFF". This bear will hold a special place in my home.
So, now ya know what a Vermont Teddy is, and hopefully a bit more about the boss round here. Rich, your a fine man. Thanks!

Awrite! I'm offically a curmudgeon member! :cool: I LOVE IT!
No more smokes!, no more fried food!, watch the diet! and get some exercise! Add the official curmudgeon status and I get to make everybody as miserable as me!
Consideringing that I've just been given a second chance, Ya'll better watch it! Cuz now yer dealing with a "Born Again Curmudgeon"! :eek: :p

Ok, before I go, As much as I appreciate your wishes and concerns, my 15 minutes is up.
Bottom line, I'm back, I'm healing and I ain't goin' nowhere. Its time to get back to what we do best. Go burn some powder, make some noise and PO some anti's. I'm gonna be just fine.

Don Gwinn
April 10, 2000, 04:37 PM
Cool! I hope my card got to your room before you left.

Now the rest of the story can be told:

Dorgunr, don't take this wrong, because I really do feel for you. But when I opened up the thread titled "Farewell to a Good Friend" I was awfully relieved for a moment to find that someone's dog had died. As horrible as that sounds, I had visions of something much worse.......

Spectre
April 10, 2000, 04:45 PM
Glad you're back. Hoist a "v8" for me! :D

BAB
April 11, 2000, 01:00 PM
Welcome back, Fox! :D

Rich Lucibella
April 11, 2000, 06:24 PM
GF-
Went to the range and zeroed the Steyr Scout for Africa in May, today....dedicated the session to you! Didn't expect the 180gr Woodley Weldcore's to print very well. I was wrong. I think I may dedicate the entire hunt to you!!!! :) ;) :)
Rich

Blueyedog
April 11, 2000, 06:37 PM
I don't check into this forum for a few days and I miss everything! Glad you're home and doing good. Take it easy. :)