PDA

View Full Version : The Blaster! Anti-carjacking device!

JimR
April 10, 2000, 08:26 PM
Another one that I couldn't have made up on my own, reality is more bizarre.

I don't know how long this link will be good, and I couldn't figure out how to link directly to the Javascript video pop. Go to http://www.apbnews.com/index.html, the APBNews site, and scroll about half-way down the page. There will be a "Todays Top Videos" section; play the one titled "The Heat is on Carjackers" (!!!).

All I can say is, it's worth the streaming video wait. <g>

jcoyoung
April 11, 2000, 02:35 AM
If this is the thing I'm thinking of, I'd better get some marshmallows while the video loads. :)

Just finished loading....WHOOO HOOO!

I've also heard of cars in South Africa rigged with airbags in the ceiling of the car. If the thing isn't deactivated, the airbag deploys, giving the perp a concussion or breaking his/her neck.

Too bad we can't have it here in the States.

jeffer
April 11, 2000, 09:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jcoyoung:

I've also heard of cars in South Africa rigged with airbags in the ceiling of the car. If the thing isn't deactivated, the airbag deploys, giving the perp a concussion or breaking his/her neck.[/quote]

Saw a story about those ceiling air bags in the Darwin Awards.
They go off and knock the thief out.
One guy had a gun in his pocket, when the bag went off he heard
the bang and fired twice. One bulled hit him in the knee the other,
much worse. Bet you can guess.

Glenn E. Meyer
April 11, 2000, 11:15 AM
Yep - can't wait to be in a minor crash and have some faulty sensor break my neck and then roast me.

That's a plan!!