PDA

View Full Version : Heh heh--all-plastic "Glock 7" surfaces yet again.

Don Gwinn
April 5, 2000, 11:55 PM
Almost forgot about this one. I was in a chatroom over at geocities the other night and got into a long discussion with an Australian lady. She seemed nice enough but badly informed when it came to guns--her position was first that nobody was forced to give up guns in Australia, they all did it for the children. Then that she felt sorry for me, because at least she lived in a country where the government would "force everyone to do what would be best for society" (I am NOT exaggerating, those are the words she used.) Then she told me that she was a substitute teacher and that, while she respected my beliefs, she felt confident that a few years teaching school will change my beliefs. I told her my beliefs already go against shooting people in the schools, so I didn't see what the change would be.

Eventually, she asked about different types of guns and what they're for. First, I described the process I went through to purchase each one, and asked her what more she would ask that I would do to be safe (you all know the hoops we jump through.) Her reply was that I should lock it up and never use it, because it's only dangerous if I use it!

Anyway, sometime in this conversation I mentioned the Glock that should be coming any week now, and her husband informed her that the Glock was "the gun that can go through metal detectors without being seen."
??!!?!
I set 'em both straight but it took awhile--he swore that he'd been told this by someone who knew guns.
Bruce Willis, most likely.
:mad:
Why do I bang my head against walls like this?

anand
April 6, 2000, 01:45 AM
Thats it Don, educate them one at a time. Thats the only thing we can do. I know its bothersome but we 'gun nuts' don't have much of a choice.
Regards,
Anand

George Hill
April 6, 2000, 02:22 AM
Oh - You dont know about the Glock 7?
Yeah - Plastic and ceramic... No metal at all...
:rolleyes:
No basis in reality either.

I want a Glock 7 loaded with Cop Killer Bullets - The Media says that I could get one on the street easy - and my kid in school could get one too... with no paperwork...
Hmmm - I tried... Even called the company... While they said that they have no such item - I told them the media said they did so they must have one at least in developement! They said no. I asked if they would start to develope it... They told me they will think about it.

Shin-Tao
April 6, 2000, 02:45 AM
Glock 7 huh? I'm still dying to find out what an "assault pistol" is.

Rob96
April 6, 2000, 05:59 AM
Why is it when a Glock is used in some violent crime the media has to make numerous mentions of the name "Glock". If any other gun is used they just call it a handgun, pistol or revolver. Here in Allentown, PA an individual was detained because he was on Clintons motorcade route and his "Glock" loaded with "18 Hollowpoint Bullets" became uncovered by his jacket. A couple of weeks ago this same individual died in a Barnes & Noble bookstore bathroom. He died from a single GSW to the chest from the very same "Glock" loaded with "18 Hollowpoint" bullets. Apparently he had some kind of negligent discharge, suicide has been ruled out. If this were any other gun, the headline would have read "Man accidently shoots self with Semiautomatic 9mm". Another story in the local paper was of an incident in New Jersey, "Man on public bus pulls out his Glock to wipe it off". Any other gun "Man on bus wipes off pistol". And they are supposed to be unbiased.

Bud Helms
April 6, 2000, 06:39 AM
Those Glocks make me want to brandish and threaten and , ... and ... well, that's why I have an innocent looking little gov't model. But that Glock! No sir! 'No telling what I might do. That guy pulling his Glock out to wipe it off was probably thinking about randomly spraying bullets at innocent bystanders, too. See?

[This message has been edited by sensop (edited April 06, 2000).]

jeffer
April 6, 2000, 09:43 AM
Don’t forget those carbon-fiber bullets!

Futo Inu
April 7, 2000, 03:28 PM
Where's that "Head Banging Wall" smiley?