PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Rich!

HarryB
April 1, 2000, 09:30 AM
Like a fool I just used by generated password for this forum and let Windows remember it for me. Then it was gone. This morning I e-mailed Rich to request a password, thinking with the upgrade it may be a matter of days, especially if everyone had the same problem I did. I went to get a drink, sat down, and surprise--a reply! Thanks again for busting @ss to make this one of the most well run, informative, and fun forums available...

TheBluesMan
April 1, 2000, 09:39 AM
I think Rich must have cloned himself to get done all that's been done in the past few weeks. He did say something about sending out 20-some odd robots in another thread....Hmmm....

------------------
RKBA!
"The people have the right to bear arms for their defense and security"
Ohio Constitution, Article I, Section 4 Concealed Carry is illegal in Ohio.
Ohioans for Concealed Carry Website (http://www.ofcc.net)

Long Path
April 1, 2000, 10:51 AM
I, too have been impressed by Rich's diligence o'er the last couple o' days. Notice he's not on as of 9:55 CST, and I'm very very glad of this. Last I heard last night, I could hear the clink of ice cubes and the splash of Dewar's over TCP/IP at about 11:55 PM CST. :) Well done, Rich!

Matt.

JeepBear
April 1, 2000, 12:56 PM
For future password retention, I would highly recommend a little peice of shareware called Password Keeper. It stores all your passwords and other user info (up to 1000) and although it isn't automatic like Win95/98, it can be backed a lot easier than the *.PWL files in Windows. I thought it was well worth the $20 ticket.
Look for it here:
http://www.gregorybraun.com/

Rich Lucibella
April 1, 2000, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the credit, guys. But I screwed it up...it's up to me to clean it up.

Hopefully we're here to stay. However, if we ever do have to change servers again, I've kept notes. What a nightmare! Except for the email, I think we've got the kinks worked out now.
Rich

bestdefense357
April 1, 2000, 02:39 PM
Hey Rich,

Just a general thanks for putting this board together and keeping it running. Not being an avid shooter, or overly familiar with guns, it's helped me in many ways. I wished I'd found it before I wrote "The Best Defense." I'd have probably been able to learn more about the technical aspects of guns, and that would have hleped. At least I'll have you and all the great TFLers to call on when I get the contract for my next one.

Thanks for a great public service! And a special thanks for keeping it cleaned up and focused.

Robert

Jason Demond
April 1, 2000, 06:40 PM
I have been to some of the other web Ubb's ie GT, AR15.com, AK47.com, Gun spot, 1911 there are others but I always come home to TheFiringLine.
This is the best moderated, cleanest site on the net.

As long as this site runs I will always be around!!

Thanks Everyone for the hard work!

------------------
ACCEPT NOTHING LESS THAN FULL VICTORY!"

General Dwight D. Eisenhower-- June 6,1944
------------------------

http://www.homestead.com/gunrights/Guns_and_Gunrights.html

[This message has been edited by Kimber Man (edited April 02, 2000).]

Bob Locke
April 1, 2000, 09:31 PM
To all the praise, I can only had "Here, here!"

Joseph
April 2, 2000, 10:09 AM
Rich,

You are, without a doubt, a remarkable individual. You (and all the other partners/administrators/friends involved) have taken this beast and come out with a true service to our country. (Sorry, don't mean to get corny.)

I was thinking the other day of all the money made on internet sites, and I would think you could probably score a few hundred million bucks for TFL and its mailing list. But you won't even run banners.

That's why I think you are one great guy. Someone worth learning from.

Roon

My hat is off to you.

Bruce in West Oz
April 2, 2000, 07:30 PM
Kimber Man said:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> ... but I always come home to TheFiringLine[/quote]

You nailed it in one word, my friend.

Thanks, Rich.

B

Spectre
April 4, 2000, 03:54 PM
Ditto. Hope the tech issues are resolved for you soon, sorry you've had to deal w/ them...

DaHaMac
April 4, 2000, 08:42 PM
Mega DITTOS on all the praise and appreciation being expressed regarding TFL.

Thanks Guys (Adminstrators, Moderators, and faithful members), feels like home on the web. Go to work talk about guns, come home talk about guns, and get on the web, go to TFL and talk about guns, thanks for the home.

DaHaMac