PDA

View Full Version : CS 45 trigger "click"

laktrash
April 10, 2009, 02:46 PM
I just bought a S&W CS 45 took to range first time to today. I noticed when you pull trigger you feel a slight click about midway thru the pull is this normal or do I have issues. I have other compact 45's and full size 45's never felt this before. I really like this gun.

oldandslow
April 10, 2009, 05:12 PM
lak, 4/11/09

The SW metal framed autos are some of the best pistols around, and can usually be bought used for great prices. I have a number of them, although not the CS45, and have occasionally experienced your problem. If your CS45 is similar to my 3rd generation .45's then the problem is with your "trigger play spring", which is located on the drawbar (just behind the triangular head when looking down on the frame with the slide off). This spring is often bent or broken and gives the clicking feeling when the trigger is pulled (for a diagram look at Numrich at www.e-gunparts.com, click on the Smith-Wesson picture, and click on the 4566TSW exploded diagram which will show the part, the part number and price). It is held in place by a rivet to the drawbar. You need to order the spring and rivet. Sometimes they can be a pain to put on so if you are not familiar with detail stripping your CS45 then it may be simpler to have a smith do it. If it is a new gun call SW and they will take care of it.

The CS45 has a great reputation- you will enjoy it.

best wishes- oldandslow

laktrash
April 10, 2009, 05:29 PM
thanks for info I was really hoping this might be normal I can't get over how much I enjoyed this gun compared to my other 45's