PDA

View Full Version : High Standard 22 pistols

Buzzard Bait
April 6, 2009, 10:12 PM
Since I am among like minded people I can confess that I have a weakness. I just can't pass up a high standard .22. I know that they are old (like me) but I don't think many new .22 autos will hold there own against a good one. Well maybe the Sig trail side comes close and the smith 41 is pretty good. But I like my High Standards. There is something about finding one on a used gun counter that is like christmas morning and opening day rolled up together.Am I the only one in this closet are are there others out there?

Buzzard Bait

darkgael
April 7, 2009, 04:29 AM
Yep. The Hamden guns are the best American made target pistols ever manufactured, finicky magazines and all.
Pete

wilkersk
April 7, 2009, 05:06 PM
My dad gave me a series 104 Supermatic Trophy with the longer fluted barrel. He bought it in '64 and I don't remember him even taking it out of the box.

Now that I have it, I haul that thing out regularly and put a few rounds through it. It is without a doubt, the smoothest, most well balanced pistol I've ever fired. And, its in mint condition with the original box and goodies. The weights are still wrapped in the original oil-paper.