PDA

View Full Version : Timber Ridge Gun Safes?

Gazzmann
April 1, 2009, 11:22 PM
Is anyone have any knowledge of Timber Ridge gun safes?
I'm looking at the Fatboy model 54 gun. Claims 1 hour fire rated @ 1200 - 1400 degrees.
Comments welcomed.
Thanx,
John

cloudcroft
April 1, 2009, 11:39 PM
No, not that brand, but I CAN tell you that safes (or RSCs) are pretty much THE SAME for each price range/bracket you're looking at re: construction, fire-rating (or not), weight, etc.. So take a look at the warranty to see which safe stands out from the others in said price-range, like if YOU have to pay shipping back to the maker for repair or replacement.

I suggest you be very clear on your budget for a safe and then stick to it...look at assorted brands within that budget. Whatever you end up getting in a particular price range will be just as good as any of the others in the same price range.

Good luck,

-- John D.

P.S. Don't forget to factor in SHIPPING...it can get real expensive the heavier a safe is, and how far the truck has to carry it. Also, fire-ratings may be calculated differently by manufacturers so take them with a grain of salt when you compare one brand's fire-rating with another's.

a1abdj
April 2, 2009, 12:57 AM
It is one of Liberty's name brands.

JAYBIRD78
April 3, 2009, 04:45 PM
As mentioned above, it is a Liberty safe.

My timber ridge was bought on sale at Gander Mt.

My budget was for under $1000 and it fit the budget and was in stock to pick up.

I have had it for two years now and have been happy.

If I ever move, it will stay with the house.

Good luck on your purchase.