PDA

View Full Version : Baby Eagle or Glock

cguedr
March 28, 2009, 09:29 AM
Just out of curiosity, for those who own both, which do you prefer? I could have gotten either for the same price, but really liked the way the Baby Eagle felt and ended up with that one. I know how obsessive people are with Glocks, but you never do hear a whole lot about the Eagles.

ElectricHellfire
March 28, 2009, 09:55 AM
I prefer the reliability and durability of Glocks.

CZMania!
March 28, 2009, 10:00 AM
If I were in the market for another handgun right now my first choice would be the "Baby Eagle" (it's actually a Jericho 941). I have never handled a more ergonomically perfect pistol, I love the way the slide fits inside the frame, it's extremely competitively priced, and it's made in Israel. They make pretty good stuff.

Glocks are good guns, but aethestically they leave me cold.

cguedr
March 28, 2009, 10:13 AM
I can't speak much for the durability of the Eagles, or much on the reliability, but I know I've read posts that they are extremely reliable; and I haven't had any problems yet.

Walther22lr
March 28, 2009, 10:30 AM
Having shot both, a Glock 9mm and a Baby Desert Eagle in 9mm, I would have to say I prefer the trigger pull on the Baby Desert Eagle.

CZMania!
March 28, 2009, 03:14 PM
the trigger pull on the Baby Desert Eagle

YES. The trigger pull on the one I handled was the best I've ever seen. Sorry about all the superlatives, but it's true. It was such a good trigger pull it made me hate the gun I currently have. It wasn't the slightest bit gritty, and smooth as butter. It was built like a tank too.

Alleykat
March 28, 2009, 04:38 PM
Glock: Lighter weight. Easier to work on. Lower bore axis. Much better parts availability. MUCH more proven design. (just look at the number of Glocks in use)

CZMania!
March 28, 2009, 06:53 PM
MUCH more proven design.

Not so. The Jericho 941 (baby eagle) design is based on the CZ 75, which predates the glock by DECADES, so it would be hard to say the glock's design is much more proven than the Jericho's.

lohr64
March 28, 2009, 10:57 PM
Jericho 941 for confort and efficiency (What a grip) :cool: and 1911 for fun .:)

The rest of the world can have a Glock. :eek:

Alleykat
March 28, 2009, 11:06 PM
Einsteinian juniors!!! ;)

dawgfvr
March 29, 2009, 02:27 AM
Glock: Lighter weight. Easier to work on. Lower bore axis. Much better parts availability. MUCH more proven design.

Reliability...reliability...reliability = Glock. Who, in their right mind, would acutally consider BEagle to a Glock for CCW? Seriously...who posted this and why am I even wasting my time responding?

chemgirlie
March 29, 2009, 02:33 AM
I love my Jericho (.45 ACP). I don't have anything against Glocks though. I simply really enjoyed the CZ75. The Jerichos are built off the same platform and function quite well for me. I didn't get the polymer model so it absorbs a lot of the recoil and makes for a really good time at the range.

lohr64
March 29, 2009, 03:20 AM
;) Alleykat, agreed but I don't like Glocks and love my Jericho so this was the topic to post. :D

Alleykat
March 29, 2009, 08:44 AM
What's important is what the individual gun owner likes, not what I or somebody else on the internet likes. :) As to the "proven" design, I'm guessing that there are a few million more Glocks in use than CZs or Jericos, ergo, my "proven design" statement.

roman3
March 29, 2009, 08:53 AM
My Jehrico 941 was an excellent handgun, heavy but well made. Very good trigger and shooter in 9mm, was a bit robust in 41AE but since that caliber is only a zombie today, its not relevant.

That being said I choose Glock for my daily carry and home defense. A great trigger is not the only thing to consider.

A cool read;

http://members.shaw.ca/sherm/jericho/Page1.html

Chesster
March 29, 2009, 10:14 AM
My Glock 19s, second gens, to me are the ultimate IWB guns.

skydiver3346
March 29, 2009, 10:22 AM
You are right, the Baby Eagle feels a lot better in your hand than the Glock.
However; there is no discounting the consistent reliablilty and performance of the Glock line of pistols. My model 19 have never, ever failed to funtion perfectly. I had a 3lb. trigger installed and that is all I have done to it.
Its more than accurate enough for self defense and always works when you pull the trigger. I refer to it as my "black revolver" and even though it does not ergonomically fit me (grip) as compared to the Baby Eagle and/or other 9mm pistols I have held or shot. I would choose the Glock for nothing more than dependability when comparing these two guns.

CZMania!
March 29, 2009, 11:02 AM
As to the "proven" design, I'm guessing that there are a few million more Glocks in use than CZs or Jericos, ergo, my "proven design" statement.

There are millions more Ford Probes on the road than BMWs, I guess that makes it a more proven design too! :rolleyes:

cguedr
March 29, 2009, 11:12 AM
Reliability...reliability...reliability = Glock. Who, in their right mind, would acutally consider BEagle to a Glock for CCW? Seriously...who posted this and why am I even wasting my time responding?

I would, and I started this thread to hear opinions on these guns because you hear so much about Glocks, but not very much about Eagles even though I think they're great guns. Basically, I wanted to see why someone would choose a Glock over other types and it looks like it basically boils down to reliability (or perceived superior reliability). But I think someone can ask a question or have an opinion without being belittled.

IDAHO83501
March 29, 2009, 11:45 AM
The Baby Eagle may fell better in your hand, but the Glock has a very long history of flawless function. When you know what hits the fan, would rather have a very nice "fit" in your hand or flawless "function" ????? The Baby Eagle is a fine weapon, but fir the same money, the Glock is more proven and has a much better finish.....That better finish will be very improtant down the road if you ever want to trade or sell your current pistol for something different......good luck

cguedr
March 29, 2009, 11:53 AM
but the Glock has a very long history of flawless function.

Has anyone had problems with Eagles functioning? I haven't heard of anyone. I realize that Glocks are really popular and therefore there is a large evidence base for their reliability, but I've never heard anyone have problems with reliability of an Eagle.
The finish is a completely different story. Eagle finish sucks, and yeah, the Glocks finish is unreal. But if a gun feels good and is just "right" to you, you probably won't want to sell it anyway. And you could always refinish it, maybe hard chrome or something.

joh56usa
March 29, 2009, 12:09 PM
Having shot both Glock 19 and the Baby Eagle chambered in 9 -- I found that Baby Eagle is a better build gun than glock, very smooth action and nice clean trigger. Nevertheless, I'd go with the glock myself if you are looking for something simple to keep and fun to shoot!

Glockeroo
March 29, 2009, 12:41 PM
I love how so many threads are about this vs Glock. Why? That tells you something about the awesomeness of Glocks.

End of story.

Next comparison please. ;)

Greg with a GlockĀ®
March 29, 2009, 01:36 PM
...but you never do hear a whole lot about the Eagles.

There's a reason why, and that reason is because most don't care to own one. Glock.

OLNfan
March 29, 2009, 01:38 PM
glock!

cguedr
March 29, 2009, 01:39 PM
Please, if you don't have something positive/beneficial to say, just pass over this thread; I don't need for this to turn into a my gun can beat up your gun thread. I was merely asking what qualities about the gun appealed to you, and would make you choose it. Saying, "Glocks better" adds nothing to the thread.

roman3
March 29, 2009, 01:57 PM
Well mine was an all steel version, in the old 9mm/41AE briefcase like set, it had the decocker/safety on the slide and in the middle of the slide serrations, which I did not care for all that much. There was no way to rack the slide without grabbing the levers. The gun was well made and accurate, I trust the Israelis to make a excellent, all weather, serious, service handgun.

The weight of the all steel version is the only real handicap to it being a CCW or even a all day holster carry service gun.

I cannot speak to the baby eagles with polymer frames but they IMHO look kind of goofy (the frame to slide fit) and frankly I don't need any other polymer guns than the ones I have now.

FWIW the many trips for both business and pleasure to Israel I have seen very few Jehrico's in anyone's holster...lots of Browning hi Powers, some Glocks and an assortment of other 9mm's (some Star's and the like) and some revolvers.

There is no reason not to pick the Jehrico in fact I would prefer it over many other more popular guns but for me I shoot Glocks better so...

Baby Eagle or Glock? Then as I said before it has to be Glock.

Alleykat
March 29, 2009, 07:37 PM
There are millions more Ford Probes on the road than BMWs, I guess that makes it a more proven design too!

Probably not as many Probes or Glocks as bad analogies posted on forums like this! ;):eek:

rimfired
March 29, 2009, 10:20 PM
Baby Eagle. Outstanding reliability, accuracy, ergonomics, smooth functioning and trigger. I love mine.

EricReynolds
March 29, 2009, 10:26 PM
Nothing against the Glocks at all, but CZmania! expressed my thoughts exactly. I likie the way the Jericho looks feels and shoots. It's as close to perfect as you can get in my opinion.

CZMania!
March 30, 2009, 09:53 AM
The one thing wrong with the "Baby Eagle"-- the name. Horrible. Jericho is so much cooler.

Tatsumi67
March 30, 2009, 09:58 AM
Ive used both and I gotta say they are both favorites. The glock is very durable, very simple, not manual safeties and a crisp clean action.

The Jericho is a very solid gun, real steel and it functions flawlessly when you know what you are doing. Easy in the hand and a natural pointer for me at least.

If you have the money and a desire to carry a solid steel gun go with the Jericho, but a GLock would be fine regaurdless

hardluk1
March 30, 2009, 10:00 AM
If your look'n at the b b eagle then look closer at both cz and witness. Better choice of options with e cz and much more choice of converstions with the witness line. Buy a full size witness in say 45 and then can shoot 22,9mm,40,38 super/9x23,45 or 10mm all with just a 200 dollar topend change and clip. I bought my eaa witness elit match 40cal for 499 out the door and a 9mm kit for 199 with clip.

rhenriksen
March 31, 2009, 10:51 PM
I have a Glock 23 and a Baby Eagle compact 9mm in steel frame.

The Glock is an appliance - reliable, high capacity, relatively light weight, makes lots of big holes in stuff.

The Baby Eagle is *heavy* for its size; OTOH that makes it very easy to shoot at the range. The quality of the BE - slide action, mag release/insertion, slide release and trigger - are really, really nice. It's a pleasure to handle, a pleasure to shoot, feels great in my hand.

For carry purposes? The Glock for all its practical reasons above. Range time? It's far more enjoyable to shoot the BE.

I haven't tried a polymer BE, so cannot speak to that variant.