PDA

View Full Version : Action Ready Language, Gun types

golfnutrlv
March 22, 2009, 11:19 AM
Hey, question for everyone. This came to me yesterday, and I am kind of confused.

With a 1911, the correct terminology is "Cocked and Locked" I get it.

What is the proper terminology for striker fired non-hammer style guns (Glock, M&P, etc)? The best I can think of is "Loaded and Chambered" but i could be wrong.

Any help out there????

hihosilver
March 22, 2009, 11:37 AM
some call them DAO, but I call them striker fired

Woodrowmag
March 22, 2009, 11:44 AM
They are essentially cocked and locked, since chambering a round puts the striker back into the cocked position. Although they're called DAO, they really are single action only in essence.

As far as terminology, I don't know. "one in the tube" maybe

NWCP
March 22, 2009, 12:08 PM
Condition 1 is the term you're looking for. A HK P7 is an example of a SA striker fired pistol. The Kahr T9 is a DAO striker fired pistol. There is a difference in the triggers.

tailgunner6
March 22, 2009, 12:21 PM
Actually, chambering a round in a striker fired weapon like a Glock partially resets the striker. The long trigger pull then fully resets the striker for it to fire.
When you pull the trigger on an empty chamber and the trigger is all the way back (i.e.: for storage and/or field stripping), the striker is released.

"Chambered and partially reset" perhaps? :confused:

Slopemeno
March 22, 2009, 06:34 PM
Just call it "condition 1" when a round is chambered, and condition 3 when the chamber is empty and the mag is in the well. No more condtion 2.