PDA

View Full Version : polymer 45 acp.

mrt949
March 15, 2009, 03:08 PM
your choice.of polymer 45.acp .best value for a first time buyer i 45.

Ruthless4christ
March 15, 2009, 03:12 PM
I wonder why no one makes a plastic 1911? I think that would be cool

Shane Tuttle
March 15, 2009, 03:20 PM
I wonder why no one makes a plastic 1911? I think that would be cool

They do. Both Kimber and Wilson Combat have models available polymer frames...if that's your bag.

What's the purpose of the firearms besides being a first time buyer? What's its primary purpose? Budget?

Colt1911forever
March 15, 2009, 03:24 PM
For the money the FN45 is a great deal... 3 mags hi cap... big gun but what hi cap 45 ACP isn't... the odd thing is that its profile is big but it feels small in the hand...... Should be around $575 OTD

http://www.fnhusa.com/support/images/dynamic/m/FNM0062mb.png

Rampant_Colt
March 15, 2009, 03:26 PM
I own a HK USP, Glock 21 and XD-45 Tactical.
Out of the three, i like the HK the best. It the most expensive of the group.
It is also the most accurate, lightest recoiling, reliable and versatile.

The XD has the best feeling grip, but has a high bore-axis making perceived recoil a bit more than the others. It's a GREAT value!

The Glock has a large grip that may be a problem for shooters with small hands or stubby fingers. Out of the three the Glock feels the most solid and durable. The G-21sf addresses the large grip issue.

The only polymer .45 that i don't have any experience with is the S&W M&P. I bought the XD instead because it was a bit cheaper. Everything i've read about the M&P has been positive except for the cost of magazines.

The best value for a plastic .45 in my opinion is the Springfield XD Tactical followed by the Glock:

http://i39.tinypic.com/venrd5.jpg

Colt1911forever
March 15, 2009, 03:29 PM
If $$$ are not option then I would get the HK45 which I did... I think that the price point pushes it out of the best value market... I also agree with the XD recommendation... good cheap gun.