PDA

View Full Version : SHTF rifle ordered Saturday

Lashlarue
March 9, 2009, 02:53 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/C5Sam/420Galil20Golani20Sporter2022320150.jpg Will get an AR when the craziness stops.

azredhawk44
March 9, 2009, 02:57 PM
...But what if the SHTF before it comes? :confused:;)

What is that? I see AK-47 lines, but who made it? Saiga? What's the scoop on the rear sight mounted on the dust cover? Won't it wobble all over?

Color me ignorant of your rifle... wow me with trivia about it!:D

Lashlarue
March 9, 2009, 03:15 PM
It's an IMI galil clone in 223/5.56 similar action of an AK, but no parts interchange.A bit on the heavy side with all milled steel parts, and a steel tubing folding stock, and a 35 round steel magazine.

ZX10Aviator
March 9, 2009, 03:21 PM
Never seen one of those before, looks like it would get barrel whip

alberich
March 9, 2009, 03:32 PM
Man it looks good. I love the diopter rear sight. And since it is made by Israelis, who need good guns to survive, it will be something effective and reliable. Can't wait for some range report.:) How much it was, and is it semiauto or full auto version?

buzz_knox
March 9, 2009, 03:35 PM
Is it a Century Golani? Have you ran it yet? Some of them had issues with the receivers being soft or out of spec. That is supposed to have been cleared up, though.

As for the barrel seeming to have a potential for whip, I think that's a matter of perspective in the photo. Well built Galils tend to run like freight trains.

Howaido
March 9, 2009, 04:19 PM
Gas piston? Shooooot, that's all you had to say! :)

aeonrevolution
March 9, 2009, 10:46 PM
Lemme know how you like it....

I may be trading in my WASR-3 that is out of warranty to get a refund towards a galil.

sailskidrive
March 9, 2009, 10:58 PM
My buddy has a IWI Galil just like that, I must say it is heavy and much better made than an AK. IMI (IWI) is really big on using all steel, I guess the Israelis don't have to worry about humidity all that much.

Very nice battle proven rifle...

~Dan

IZZY
March 10, 2009, 12:16 AM
eeh ey rust like dove poop.

Israelis dunk them in deisel drums to clean them, and clean them some more. Rust is not allowed in the IDF issue weapon...finnish like paint, anodizing ( M-16) or blue (Uzi) gets taken off quicker than in civilian hands :D

Ohio Rapid fire recievers are not athe best IMHO...

JKHolman
March 10, 2009, 05:32 AM
Lashlarue,
mine is a Golani Sporter (an economical Galil) and I have never had a problem firing it. The two draw backs I see are the restriction of magazine use and it damages the spent shell casings (this becomes a concern for reloading). Still, I am glad to have mine. You will have alot of fun with yours. Be sure to check the fit of the folding stock. If it is loose (like mine and a number of others I have handled at gun shows), send it back right away to have the problem addressed. I procrastinated, and am stuck with my problem, but I circumvented it with shims. It is a great shooter and interesting to handle. Beware of the aftermarket scope mounts (snap on), most are junk (I sent mine back). If you decide on a scope mount, get one of the top mounted types; by what I have read on the forums, this type is stable, although expensive when you can find one (Gunbroker on occassion).
Enjoy your rifle.

- JKHolman