PDA

View Full Version : Kahr CW9 SD ammo?

BlayGlock
March 8, 2009, 01:29 PM
I just got my new Kahr CW9 in. I was wondering if anyone has found any SD ammo that jut does not want to work in them. I am heading to the range in a few days to try a few different brands, and with ammo being high right now, any help I can get in narrowing it down would help.

NWCP
March 8, 2009, 02:13 PM
I use Golden Sabers in my Kahr and it likes them so I stick with them. I highly recommend using some FMJ during break in though just to avoid any stoppages. After a couple hundred round you can play with some JHPs.

BlayGlock
March 8, 2009, 03:53 PM
It already has 250 rounds of fmj down the pipe.

White Boot Infidel
March 8, 2009, 03:57 PM
Only had mine two days. 200 rounds of FMJs down the tube so far and zero problems. Just got back from the range and have been impressed with the gun.

no1_gun
March 8, 2009, 06:16 PM
My CW9 was broken in with Winchester white box 115gr FMJ. Its been flawless with Federal Hydrashok 124gr +P+ for carry. Recoil is a little snappy due to the +P+ rating but handled regular Hydrashok just fine.

David the Gnome
March 8, 2009, 06:27 PM
I used Speer Gold Dot 124gr 9mm +P's in my CW9.

http://www.floridaammotraders.com/homepage_files/speer.jpg http://www.ebr-inc.net/images/subsonic/subsonic_large/40S&W_subsonic.jpg

I do not suggest it for extended range use though. In a gun as light as the CW9 the Gold Dots pack quite a snap. :eek:

BlayGlock
March 9, 2009, 07:55 AM
I appreciate the replies.

FlyboyTx
March 9, 2009, 09:10 AM
When I bought the gun originally, after putting 250 or so FMJ downrange, I cleaned the gun and readied an assortment of JHP ammo. I did not like the 'snap,' noise and flash of +p ammo, so do not be use that. Tried Cor-bon Pow-R-Ball, Winchester Silver Tips and the above mentioned Speer. I prefer the Speer.

Something else that works very well is the generic white-box Wally World "Personal Defense JHP." It cycles just fine and shot groups are close enough for gubment work at SD distances (9' and 21') specified by the Texas CHL qualification guidelines.

I carry the CW9 IWB in a DeStantis "Insider" or Tucker "Cover Up." I prefer the cover up for daily carry, but use the insider when deep concealment is required. Both are excellent. Two spare mags ride in a DeSantis OWB two-mag holster.

Another great holster is the Wilderness "Safe Packer" which I use when hiking.

FBT

ChicagoTex
March 9, 2009, 09:44 AM
Not quite a CW9, but my CW40 thrives on 155gr Gold Dots. If I had a CW9, I'd feed it 124gr +P GDs