PDA

View Full Version : No Ammo After 10:00 PM?

Re4mer
March 6, 2009, 09:10 AM
I was at Wal-Mart last night at about 10:30PM looking for 9mm ammo.

Like everyone else they were out but the salesman told me that even if they

had some the wouldn't sell it after 10:00PM. Is this some kind of State or

Federal law or just some odd Wal-Mart policy? I live in Michigan which has

decent gun laws relatively speaking so I don't think its a State law but

even if is a law I don't know what the logic behind it is.

JWT
March 6, 2009, 09:12 AM
Sounds like a store decision to avoid having to open up the cabinets that they lock their ammo in.

Wiskey_33
March 6, 2009, 01:03 PM
Store policy.

I got screwed by this policy the night before opening day last year.

AFshooter
March 6, 2009, 01:27 PM
The guys at my store said they only do this because they don't have a "sporting goods" person on shift at that time. They are the ones with the keys. They'll sell you all the open stock shotgun shells you want 24/7.

studman5578
March 6, 2009, 01:40 PM
I went there late one night to buy .30-06 and they sold it to me, but I went again a week later to buy but they wouldn't sell because nobody there had a FOID card and couldn't handle it. The FOID is probably an illinois thing though.

Dustin0
March 6, 2009, 01:44 PM
Odd Wal-Mart policy When to another store and they sold me ammo.

Re4mer
March 7, 2009, 01:49 AM
Interesting follow up. My best friend went to a Wal-Mart in another city and they stop selling their ammo after 11:00PM... Not much consistency. :confused:

Manning Munitions
March 7, 2009, 03:28 AM
Sounds to me like the best thing to do here is stop supporting a retailer that doesnt care about your business....................But I have to admit, I think WAL-MART is the anti-christ............. :barf:

Coyote Hitman
March 7, 2009, 10:07 AM
Sounds to me like the best thing to do here is stop supporting a retailer that doesnt care about your business

Manning, I would run out of places to shop if I stuck to that mentality--hard to find a store who cares about me, just my $$$$$. I already drive an hour to reach a reputable gun shop, passing the unethical price gougers along the way.

FWIW, I was told the sporting goods counter closes at 10 pm at my local Wally and that is why they stop locked case ammo sales at that time.

Manning Munitions
March 13, 2009, 09:01 AM
Your perogative............:rolleyes:

Coyote Hitman
March 31, 2009, 12:20 PM
No.....my prerogative. :p

Hellbilly5000
April 2, 2009, 06:12 AM
when i lived in ks i went the wally world in pratt at 2am after i got off work and they sold me 9mm and 40 s&w with no issues once they found the keys

coachteet
April 2, 2009, 07:29 AM
Yeah, mine is the same way--closed at 10pm. But if you are actually out of ammo, either the zombies have risen, or you aren't doing it right.

We all know why we shop at Walmart. The ammo prices are the lowest anywhere at the moment. I mean, 50rds of Blazer brass 9mm for $8.97? I'll take an indifferent clerk handing me 1000rds at that price before I'd pay a nice feller at the gun show the same amount for half the ammo.

CH--

I'm with you on driving a ways to get to my gun shop. There are at least a dozen stores closer, but I buy mine 45-50 minutes away. He marks his guns up $20, and wil do an FFL transfer for $10. AND he remembers my name whether I walk in the door or call in.

gbfirearmsales
April 8, 2009, 07:38 PM
They will stop selling guns and/or ammo once the sporting goods employee is gone for the night. If shotgun rounds are not locked up (they usually are not) you can grab those and head to any register.

billyj571
April 11, 2009, 02:24 PM
I have no problem buying it at any hour of the nite as long as they have it they will sell if..:cool:

Les Auten
April 11, 2009, 04:57 PM
Bought the last 50 round box of .40 cal Blazer Brass the store had at 12:15 AM Tuesday night at the Caro MI Wal Mart, The night manager had someone in electronics bring the keys. So apparently not company policy or state law.