PDA

View Full Version : oil sprays

hillbille
February 28, 2009, 09:07 PM
I know most serious BP pistol shooter use olive oil. just wondering wouldn't the pam olive oil spray do the same thing and be a little easier to put on? any thoughts.

pohill
February 28, 2009, 09:30 PM
I use PAM on the cylinder pins of my Paterson and Ruger Old Army. Works great. Also, I spray some down the barrel, let it set for a minute, tip the barrel and watch all the crap it drags out (like an oven cleaner).
Now, I take come verbal crap whenever I mention it on a forum, but hey, screw it - it works and it's cheap.
But, it doesn't work so well on my other Colts - Walker, 1860, etc.,

kirpi97
March 1, 2009, 12:33 AM
I take come verbal crap whenever I mention itI don't give you verbal crap for using PAM. But when you talk about using PAM with your COW, I just want to throw a strip of bacon across your barrel while your shooting. Now is there something wrong with me for wanting a hearty breakfast?:D:D

I got an old misused Old Army Ruger. It hadn't been cleaned. So it was rusted and pitted. So I thought, what the ....!" I cleaned the barrel normally. And then I put in a squirt of PAM. Waited a spell and then ran the water through afterwards. I didn't see that much of a difference. But when I pushed the cloth through to wipe it out, it had crud that had been missed with my regular cleaner. So there may be something to this PAM thing.

I haven't seen any harm from it either.

Hawg
March 1, 2009, 07:08 AM
I take come verbal crap whenever I mention it on a forum

I don't think I've given you any about it. I haven't tried it yet but I intend to.

pohill
March 1, 2009, 08:29 AM
I said a forum - not this one. You guys are too civilized to give me crap about using a girlie girl kitchen spray on my gun. My pink gun, I might add.
Well, except for that Smokin Gun guy - he's not very civilized. Rides a Honda Moped...geez (that'll wake him up)

Fingers McGee
March 1, 2009, 01:18 PM
OK, now you got me curious. I just may have to try PAM on my C&Bs - or at least one of em............Now, lesseee, where did I put that POS San Marco Navy boat anchor.....................................;)

Hawg
March 1, 2009, 01:20 PM
My pink gun, I might add.

Well now that's different.:D

pohill
March 1, 2009, 02:02 PM
Pink guns don't scare MA liberals as much.
I wish someone would try the PAM (or a cheaper store version - same stuff) and let me know. Then again, if it catches on, the prices will go up.
Nevermind - PAM doesn't work.

Hawg
March 1, 2009, 02:11 PM
Now, lesseee, where did I put that POS San Marco Navy boat anchor.....................................

You can send it to me. I need a unique boat anchor.:D

kirpi97
March 1, 2009, 07:30 PM
where did I put that POS San Marco Navy boat anchorFingers, I'll send you some toilet paper to wrap that POS anchor. Wouldn't want to get you into trouble mailing that stuff.:D:

pink gun :eek: Pohill, you the man. Any man secure enough in his manhood to walk the streets of MA with a "pink gun" in his pants, is too much of a man for me mess with.:D

Let me try and remember what Sarge told me. "This is your rifle, this is your gun. This is for shooting and this is for fun.":rolleyes:

pohill
March 1, 2009, 07:38 PM
It's only wrapped in pink paper. When I get to my gun club in NH, the pink goes away. Although, NH, and the rest of the country, might not be too far behind MA if I read the signs correctly.