PDA

View Full Version : 92F Compact w/NS

swman
February 25, 2009, 03:21 PM
I see there is a Beretta 92F Compact Italian made double stack with Night Sights on Gunbroker for $305. Is this a good price? Is this compatible with full size 92FS magazines? I see they don't make them anymore.

Delaware_Dan
February 25, 2009, 03:24 PM
It's a little beat up for that price, and don't forget shipping and transfer fees. I would pass.

Tom2
February 25, 2009, 04:51 PM
I paid over 400 for a compact/Centurian without night sights, but was not all beat up. Just needed a cleaning. If it uses the 13 round mags, you might be looking alot. For a long time I had a hard time finding 13 round mags, used or new. Then CDNN got in a lot of them NOS and they were very cheap. So I snapped them up figuring last chance. Gun handles well and works fine, and is nice to have one shorter all round than a full sized model. ANd forget aftermarket grips for the short frame too. No one makes them?

swman
February 26, 2009, 08:07 AM
Thanks.

seeker_two
February 26, 2009, 05:45 PM
If it uses the 13 round mags, you might be looking alot.

Any reason it couldn't use the 15-rd mags?....

Homerboy
February 26, 2009, 06:14 PM
It will use 15 round mags. Just stick out a bit. Beretta really dropped the ball when they dropped the Centurions, the Compacts, and the Type M's. I love my 92's, but they are not a great carry gun. The gun you are looking at looks too beat up for me to buy. I like my guns to look nice, and if the outside is beat up, I wouldn't carry it until I detail stripped it and replaced all the springs, and the locking block, too. Now you're looking at another 85-100 bucks.

I'd pass.

swman
February 27, 2009, 10:36 AM
Yeah, I have a 92 that I've had and shot regularly for about 6 years. I saw the compact and wondered about how good it would be as a CCW. My S&W MP 9mm is gaining on the 92 however.:)