PDA

View Full Version : M&P Pro Series vs. regular M&P

hoytinak
February 25, 2009, 02:25 AM
As some of yall may have noticed I've been asking alot of questions bout the M&Ps lately. I've decided I'm picking one up next week....just not sure which model yet.

Anyways, what's the differences between the M&P Pro Series and the regular M&P, besides the longer barrel/slide and sights? Does the Pro Series have a better trigger? Just trying to see where the extra $150 or so is at.

gglass
February 25, 2009, 08:19 AM
One of the biggest differences would be the "Performance Center" Sear. By using the sear made by S&W's Performance Center division, you would not have to send your M&P out to a third party to get that perfect trigger feel.

The sear, barrel and sights if bought separately would be quite a bit more than the cost difference that you are seeing.

My son and I love our Pro Series... It's a great firearm, and it's laser accurate.

FLJim
February 25, 2009, 08:40 AM
gglass wrote:
One of the biggest differences would be the "Performance Center" Sear. By using the sear made by S&W's Performance Center division, you would not have to send your M&P out to a third party to get that perfect trigger feel.Maybe. Maybe not. There are new owners that have reported their Pro triggers weren't all that good out of the box, after all, and they've ended-up sending the pistols off to Burwell, Accurate Iron or whatever, anyway.

hoytinak,

Long slide, sights and an "improved" trigger are it. Some people figure that since sights are highly personal and the trigger isn't necessarily all that good, anyway, they'll save the money, buy the long, instead, and send it off to get the trigger really done right and have the sights they want installed.

That being said: gglass is right: The Pro is cheaper than buying the long and having it tweaked. It's the way I'll go if I go M&P instead of Glock.

Sparks2112
February 25, 2009, 09:05 AM
I've got just a plain jane M&P9 that has had trigger work done, and I added trijicons to. It's easilly my favorite polymer wonder 9 now, and I was a HUGE glock fan. If you want to PM me your e-mail address I can send you the PDF I used as a guide when my Dad and I were fooling with the internals.

hoytinak
February 25, 2009, 09:12 AM
Thanks guys, I'll prolly get the regular with factory nights sights and no mag safety.

If you want to PM me your e-mail address I can send you the PDF I used as a guide when my Dad and I were fooling with the internals.

No thanks on the PDF, tearing a new gun completely apart and trying to put it back together is part of the fun. ;)

Sparks2112
February 25, 2009, 09:14 AM
Heh, too late. I already spammed your inbox with it. :)

hoytinak
February 25, 2009, 09:15 AM
It's cool....I might need it. :o:D

Sparks2112
February 25, 2009, 09:17 AM
Yeah, it isn't obvious stuff at all, or anything I would have even attempted without help.