PDA

View Full Version : New Browning Buckmark Camper - last round in mag not feeding periodically

NJBeretta
February 23, 2009, 05:11 PM
Hi there,

My first post to this forum - been reading them for a little while but decided to register today. Nice to meet you all!

I just picked up a Buckmark Stainless Camper over the weekend. Decided that I wanted something which would be more inexpensive than my 92FS to burn up rounds at the range.

I put 200 rounds of CCI Mini HV through it, and once in a while, the last round in the magazine would fail to chamber. Specifically, four times out of twenty full loads. In fact, when that happened, the magazine would drop out a little bit - my first indication that something wasn't quite right. Sure enough, that last round wasn't getting fed properly.

I gave it (what I think was) a decent cleaning the other night -- you'll have to forgive me, as much as I'm not all that new to shooting, being an owner is an entirely different experience, still learning the ins and outs of effective cleaning -- cleaned the inside of the magazine, bore snake down the barrel, scrubbed the chamber. I have yet to try it out since giving it a good bath... hopefully one night this week.

But has anyone else experienced this with the Buckmark? Is there a chance that I may have a faulty magazine, or is this something that should go away after the "break-in" period?

Thanks for the insight - I appreciate it!