PDA

View Full Version : Mouse guns in Ohio

ligonierbill
February 20, 2009, 08:37 PM
Carrying a Kel-Tec P-32 around Ohio for a few weeks brought a couple questions to mind. First, fellow Buckeyes, how much have you been inconvenienced by "posted" businesses? (In Ohio, a business may forbid CCW by posting a notice at the entrance.) I have been surprised by how few deny the right, at least here in southern Ohio. Second, although I'm fine with the Kel-Tec, I am thinking about a Seecamp .380 or Rohrbaugh 9mm. Anyone fired both of these little gems? With so little to hold onto, even that little .32 jumps, but I'm confident I can quickly put all 8 on target pretty quick at SD range. Would I give up in control what I gain in power? Not considering others. I like the pocket pistol, and a guy that puts his name on the slide probably takes quality seriously.

shortwave
February 20, 2009, 09:50 PM
Not much of an inconvenience at all. The business`s that post no-gun signs all have competitors that love me spending my money with them. Just make sure to let business owner of posted place know you will not shop at his business;). No experience with two bugs mentioned.

Fireatwill
February 20, 2009, 11:27 PM
I won't speak for myself but I have a friend who just ignores the no firearm signs. Except, of course, for schools, public buildings, bars, etc. He feels that the sign doesn't protect him from criminals carrying weapons so why should he disarm. The sign should state that "Only CCW holders may carry a weapon on these premises". Also he thinks that walking up to a business he has not visited before, seeing the sign, returning to the car, removing his weapon, locking it securely and then returning to the business is ridiculous.

I agree that the sign is merely "feel good" posturing, in many cases a feeble attempt to avoid legal liability, which of course it does not.

Playboypenguin
February 20, 2009, 11:31 PM
I own both a Seecamp .380 and a Rohrbaugh 9mm. The Rohrbaugh is not that bad to shoot at all. The Seecamp LWS380 can be downright abusive. I would actually suggest the LWS32 from Seecamp. I own one of those also and it is much more fun to shoot than the LWS380.

If you can go a little bit larger, the Kahr PM9 has to be the best shooting micro 9mm pistol I have ever fired.

ligonierbill
February 21, 2009, 11:18 AM
Well, I won't ignore the signs. I respect property rights as much as Second Amendment rights. But shopping with their competition and letting them know it sounds good. I will check out the Kahr. They just came out with a .380 also.

mrt949
February 21, 2009, 11:28 AM
I have owned a fair amount of mouse guns kt 3at. kt p32 .beretta 21 a 22lr kt p11. kt pf9 to mame a few .but my e. d. c. is a seecamp 32.money well spent. if the sign no guns. i say none of my money thank you:D

luvsasmith
February 21, 2009, 12:01 PM
Not much of an inconvenience at all. The business`s that post no-gun signs all have competitors that love me spending my money with them. Just make sure to let business owner of posted place know you will not shop at his business

+1. If they don't respect my 2nd A rights, I don't give them my money. I am an LEO so I can carry almost anywhere but I still can't fathom why any pro 2nd individual would want to give their money to those that want to take their rights away.

dgludwig
February 21, 2009, 05:39 PM
I agree with others and I refuse to shop in a "killing field" ( places with "no guns allowed in my establishment" which translates to the murderer, "Only I have a gun; the rest of the people in here read the sign and, because they are law-abiding people, they are unarmed prey"). Just make sure that the proprieter is made aware of your boycott and the reason why. In our town, at least five businesses (that I know of) took their "no guns" signs down when I and others made it clear to them why we refused to patronize their businesses anymore.

And, no, I will not knowingly carry a concealed firearm into a place that restricts same.

DougP
February 21, 2009, 09:12 PM
When CCW was allowed in Ohio -- you saw signs all over the place. NO GUNS ALLOWED. Now several years later-- not very many-- its getting better. They are finding out we are the sheepdogs, the bad guys are the wolves. They now know which they want in their store. And they got the hint of we the sheepdogs will not spend our money here, and if we are not here, the only ones left are the sheep and wolves. :)

Milspec
February 21, 2009, 10:30 PM
A local gun shop & CHL training facility posted a sign that requires all guns to be unloaded & cased in order to enter the building. Not to worry, the sign says they'll lend you a case if you forget to bring one. Cracks me up... :D

Milspec

dgludwig
February 22, 2009, 02:26 PM
I did see a sign in the window of a store in Apex, N.C. directing customers to leave all ski masks at the front desk before shopping.