PDA

View Full Version : I finally did it.............

thercman
February 20, 2009, 01:10 AM
After all the posts, questions, visiting the gun shops, test firing etc I finally ordered my first gun. It is a 1911 Fusion PRO-Series ELITE Custom in 10mm. If you visit their website the basic model is the No 35. It is a 5" stainless variety with an added bobtail grip. The front sight is a XS Combat white dot front sight with center tritium mid dot. The rear is a Novak style Combat adjustable Tritium Night sight. The trigger is by Fusion Firearms, it is a match grade FUSION Commander HAMMER + Combat trigger group. The hand grips are a smooth wood. I must say I am really looking forward to getting this in. However, being a custom job it is going to be a while. Since I am excited it is going to seem to take even that much longer I am sure. :D

Shadi Khalil
February 20, 2009, 02:01 AM
Welcome to the Fourm and congrats on a really nice pistol. I have heard of Fusion Firearms but never took the time to look at the site. I couldnt find yours but if the rest are any indication its gotta be awesome. You should post a pic.

Oh and I really like the Custom Pro-Series Officer model.

Sarge43
February 20, 2009, 08:58 AM
Congrats! I ordered my totally custom bobtail Fusion back in September and Bob emailed me last night that it should be done and here late next week. I can't wait. If you're having it built, my advice to you is to try to totally forget about it while it's being built. Going to the website every day just makes the wait almost unbearable. :p
Sarge

lee n. field
February 20, 2009, 09:40 AM
After all the posts, questions, visiting the gun shops, test firing etc I finally ordered my first gun. It is a 1911 Fusion PRO-Series ELITE Custom in 10mm.

A 10mm 1911 for your first gun?:eek: That's not your typical recommended first gun.

Oh-key then. Have fun.

David the Gnome
February 20, 2009, 09:52 AM
Perhaps you could find a cheap 9mm beater gun to get started with in the meantime, so you can get some experience before taking a brand new full-custom 1911 in 10mm to the range. If it's really your first gun you're going to do some stupid things that will put some unnecessary wear and tear on your gun. Better to do it to some beat up used gun than that beautiful piece of machinery you have ordered.

Sevens
February 20, 2009, 10:35 AM
...I'm thinking maybe it's the first time he's ordered a made-to-order handgun as opposed to picking a full production handgun out of a glass case and walking out of the store with it.

Indeed, it would be incredibly odd for a guy to punch up Fusion for his first ever firearm. But I'd like to hear it from the original poster. Who knows?

And how much for this one? I'm guessing in the $1600 range?

thercman
February 20, 2009, 04:13 PM
Hey Guys!

Thanks I am looking forward to getting it....

Yes this is my first handgun. However, I have had the opportunity to shoot a variety of hand guns such as 9mm, 357 Mag and .45.... As a military guy I am pretty familar with firearms... Just have never owned my own. :D

Sgt Pepper
February 21, 2009, 08:32 AM
Sounds awesome! Wish I could have had that for a "first" handgun. My first was a CZ-75 that I bought used from McBride's in Austin for $275 back in 1994 or 1995. Nobody knew what CZ-75's were back then, but I bought it because it had a classical look to it.

thercman
February 25, 2009, 03:24 PM
Unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you look at, I do quite a bit of research on things before I buy them. Especially for a larger purchase. I am now a member of 6 handgun forums, already know the guys at the local range have contact info for the club etc. If I didn't do quite as much research I probably wouldn't have even heard of Fusion, STI, Ed Brown etc. So ignorance probably would have been bliss in this case. :D I probably would have purchased a Kimber or something and never would have looked back. *shrug*

APD221
February 26, 2009, 09:04 PM
Wow..... you picked a helluva gun for your first. Good taste to say the least.

I probably would have purchased a Kimber

Uggg... thank god for forums.

Brian Pfleuger
February 26, 2009, 09:14 PM
Congrats man. Most people thought I was a little loopy picking a 357sig for my first gun. I love it and have no regrets. 10mm will be coming soon in the form of a Dan Wesson CBOB.

Remember the Golden Rule:

If you don't post pics the gun doesn't exist!;):D