PDA

View Full Version : Cheap carry soultions for a HK USP (Fullsize)

dobrzemetal
February 19, 2009, 12:09 PM
I have a buddy who insists keeping "Only 1 gun" despite my attempts to convince him to buy a carry gun. He insists on carrying his HK USP. While he wants to carry, he usually does not because of the ITWB holster he uses (Its a cheap uncle mikes one) is extremely uncomfortable. Anyways, I was wondering if any of you have recommendations on a CCW outside the waistband holster that is affordable. What do you guys use?

HKFan9
February 20, 2009, 03:32 PM
I carry a fullsize USP in a cheap Glaco FLETCH holster. Its basically your standard thumb break OWB leather holster. I carry it under a jacket or even a loose hooded sweatshirt and no one notices. However you need to watch when your getting in and out of a car sometimes it might smack off the seat.

Stevie-Ray
February 20, 2009, 03:57 PM
Don Hume JIT slide. I have one for my H&K USP45C and my Kimber UCDP. Tried for one for the Glock 29, but they are out of them and there's a wait, so I bought a Galco Matrix, which is plastic, but a great fit. Plastic is good for Glocks anyway.:D Don Hume for leather, Galco for plastic, either is quite good and both are inexpensive.

kalstrand
February 20, 2009, 05:25 PM
I carry my full size USP 40 in a cheap Uncle Mike's IWB holster all the time. Usually just throw an untucked tshirt on and I'm good to go. The checkering on the grip is a bit sharp and can dig into the side as does the hammer sometimes. Its a bit more uncomfortable than my Glock 22 but it has night sights and I prefer shooting it so I carry it over the Glock.