PDA

View Full Version : Tarus 24/7 0SS .45ACP

Dirty Larry
February 18, 2009, 08:05 PM
I had inconsistant feeding with 230 gr. plus p JP Corbon but had no problems with plus p JP 185 gr. Golden Saber. Looking for anybody else's experience with the .45 ACP Tarus 24/7 OSS.

dbjumanji
May 5, 2009, 09:02 AM
My 24/7 OSS is the long-slide DS version, also a .45. I've used 230 gr. FMJ's with mine using the Fiocchi and Sellier & Bellot brands-- no FTF's, misfires, or FTE's yet. .......but I've only fired only about 150 rnds. through it. It's pretty accurate by the way! It hits dead center at 15 yrds. using the 6 o'clock hold.

Accuracy is great for a handgun costing less than $500. Reliability is good so far....but I'm wondering how my OSS handles wear. (Would've put 500 rounds through it by now if ammo isn't so darn expensive!) Would like to hear how your OSS goes....

txstang84
May 5, 2009, 10:22 AM
Might want to run a search...I recall seeing more issues with the .45 versions of the 24/7 than the 9mm or .40 versions.

What kind of inconsistencies are you having? Is it not feeding at all, double feed, spitting the round out, going in crooked?

Hunley
May 5, 2009, 11:12 AM
I just posted a thread not long ago on the Taurus PT 24/7 Pro LS I bought having issues. It's basically the same gun. It can be found here: http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=354394 I had feed problems, issues with the slide hitting the brass, the slide stop not catching on either magazine, and extreme accuracy issues (among other things). I also had a 24/7 Pro C in .40 that had feed issues. Both got traded in on bigger and better things. The .40 got traded on a Glock 27 that I absolutely love and carry on a regular basis. The .45 LS got traded in on an IWI Jericho 9mm. Needless to say, I lost my tail on trading the Tauruses.

I don't recommend them to people. Even though I know people who have them, love them, and speak of having no problems whatsoever, I can't justify recommending them to friends. Their quality (at least in the semi-auto department) appears to be hit or miss at best, and I don't want family or friends relying on them.

I'm sure they CAN make a great gun. But two separate firearms, purchased from two different stores, in two different calibers had issues. That just left a bad taste in my mouth.