PDA

View Full Version : CZ Kadet fitting ?

fxdl
February 14, 2009, 04:05 PM
I have a Springfield P9, essentially a CZ75 Compact Clone. I'm trying out a Kadet Kit to see if I can use it.
To any CZ75 Compact owners who have mounted the Kadet kit, how did you modify the mag so it doesn't stick out 1/2 " from the bottom of the mag well (obviously desigend to fit the full size frame)?
There seems to be about 1/4" of vertical play in the mag, it locks into place flush with the top of the receiver but can be moved slightly above it. Is this common to have this kind of slop in those 22 LR mags?
Lastly did you need to file to fit, the rails or coating seems slightly out of spec to my frame rails, I've heard some people say they have to file to fit those rails.
Thanks up front.
Clueless in Seattle

Pilot
February 14, 2009, 04:24 PM
You don't "modify" the magazine. It just sticks out and you grip the compact grip as you normally do. I use my Kadet Kit on my PCR (compact, alloy CZ-75D) and its fine. The mag does stick out a little, but again it doesn't harm anything.

fxdl
February 14, 2009, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the reply,I was thinking that might be the way of it. Have you noticed any vertical slop or free play with this mag, I can see it with the receiver removed but the only way to know if it'll work is to shave the rails a bit and then install it.
Did you have any fitting issues with yours?

Pilot
February 14, 2009, 05:11 PM
Anytime. I did not have to fit the Kadet Kit to my 75B or 75D at all. It just slips right on with a nice, tight fit. There is no side to side play in the magazine with the compact. Its the same width and enough is being stabilized by the magwell that its rock solid. I don't know much about your Springfield P9 other that I believe it is an Israeli, Jericho made clone similar to the Baby Eagle line of pistols. I do not know if the Kadet Kit will fit on these pistols or not. Hopefully someone has done it before. It it doesn't fit, you can always get a CZ to accomodate your Kadet. They are great .22's. :D

FALPhil
February 15, 2009, 07:32 AM
I don't know much about your Springfield P9 other that I believe it is an Israeli, Jericho made clone similar to the Baby Eagle line of pistols.

I was always under the impression that they were made by Tangfolio. Anyway, back during the AWB, I found tow P9 full capacity magazines. In order to make them work in my 75 Compact, I had to enlarge the mag catch hole slightly for vertical positioning. This leads me to believe that the Kadet would not be a perfect fit in the P9.

chris in va
February 15, 2009, 11:02 AM
I actually had to do some Dremel work on my Kadet slide for the BD. Probably took too much off, but it works fine anyway.

BTW, I would DEFINITELY not try to fit the slide on your Springfield until you contact CZ USA. You can't add material remember.