PDA

View Full Version : Condor o/u

mukibetser
February 12, 2009, 09:33 AM
I've searched and seen many posts discussing the less expensive o/u guns for trap/skeet, including the stoeger and spartan. I see that the general consensus seems to be that one is generally better off with a used o/u, a decent autoloader or even a pump rather than buying a low grade o/u.

I shoot trap only occasionally and not competitively using my 870 -- at a public range with a trius one step and once or twice a year at a skeet/trap facility. I put no more than 1000 rounds through the shotgun. I don't anticipate having the time to get into trap or skeet more seriously than that. I would like an o/u but definitely am not willing to spend $1000+. My question is, given the intended use, is there any reason not to get the condor competition o/u? I fully understand that there are much better (and more expensive) o/us out there, but it looks like a pretty nice gun given the price. My main concern is reliability -- I've had enough problems with my 870 not feeding certain ammo and don't want reliability issues with a new gun. Thanks.

Smitty in CT
February 13, 2009, 11:53 PM
Here's a really nice Trap gun for sale:

Pedersen Custom 1500 O/U
Currently no bids @ $575....
http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=8997939

You won't have to deal with depreciation either, if you don't use it, you will be able to get your money back out of it....